• that ruel kid •

i stare into his eyes like i'm staring right into his soul. i can't put my finger on who they are. i don't think i have ever seen them before. but then again, i feel like i know them so well.

ruel reaches for my hand and squeezes it. "it's going to be okay. it's going to be okay." he repeats over and over.

"get your phone from the car and call 000, please." i whisper to him, "i don't know them so i don't want you to get hurt. promise me you won't come back inside."

he looks worried but nods and walks out.

the man puts his gaze on ruel as he walks out the door.

* * *

ruels pov:

i run to my car to grab my phone, quickly dial 000 and wait for them to answer.

"hello, this is triple zero, what's your emergency?" a lady asks in a strong, yet soft voice.

"someone broke into my...girlfriends house and won't leave."

"okay, stay calm, where are you?"

i give her the address and she tells me the police will be there soon.

i really want to go back inside but i promised y/n. i don't know why she would want to me to stay out. i should be in there helping her. i shake my head and look at my phone.

a picture of y/n laughing is displayed on the lock screen. i keep it there because even though this sounds silly, it's kind of rare for her to laugh a real one. so when i captured her laughing, it reminded me that even if you are broken inside, there will always be something or someone that will make you laugh. even if it's your dumb boyfriend.

i close my eyes and lean back against the car seat. it's been way too long. and it's been way too quiet.

i then here yelling and the sound of glass breaking. i run out of the car as i hear y/n scream.

i trip over a branch that has fallen off of the tree in her front yard and twist my ankle. i wince in pain and drag myself to her front door and find that it's locked.

great. everything is fantastic today.

i hop back to my car to look for the spare key in y/n's purse. i grab it and half run half limp to the door and open it.

i brace myself for something really bad to happen when i open it, but nothing happens. no one is there.
except a broken window and blood on the floor.

what the heck.

"y/n!? y/n!?" i yell.

i hear a muffled yell coming from the front yard.

i run back out the door and stare in horror as the man picks up y/n's limp body who is bloody and tied up, into a black bmw and gets in and drives off.

my instincts are to chase it but it's a car, and i'm a teenage boy. so i reach into my pocket and grab my phone to take a photo of the number plate.

i then just lie down on the grass and try to process it all.

where would they take her?
why would they take her?
who are they?
why her?

the police finally come and pull up in the drive way.

"i'm guessing we're too late?" says one of the police men stepping out of the car.

i grunt in response.

"could you tell me what happened?"

i resist them urge to just cry until i can't anymore. pretty sure that's what y/n would do. but i tell them what happened and how it happened and stuff. i don't look at him while i speak but he takes notes and asks questions.

when i mentioned i took a photo of the number plate he asked for it so i showed him. takes a photo of it and puts his phone in his pocket.

we sit in silence for a bit. and he looks at me and smiles, "hey, you're that ruel kid? am i correct?"

i fake a smile, "yes, i'm that ruel kid."

* * *
y/ns pov:

it's dark and cold and i feel numb. before they knocked me out i wanted to run. run away with ruel. but this time never come back. run until are legs stop and we're in a different place, far from here.

a/n:

wow.

that's it. that's all i'm saying.