• lies •

i pull away and look into y/n's eyes.
a smile creeps up on her face and she's beaming.
i smile too.

"so..." she looks at my lips.

"so." i lower my head to make her look into my eyes.

"it's official?" she sounds unsure.

i kiss her again, softly and quicker, "of course."

she's still smiling.

* * *

*time skip*
y/n's pov:

it's been roughly two days since that day under the tree.
ruel and i have gotten closer by the second.

i'm on the beach waiting for ruel to arrive. we had planned to meet here at 1 but it's 1:30 now. he texted me that he's running late. typical ruel.
i look out at the ocean and watch the waves crash at the shore. i brush a bit of sand off my shorts and look behind me, ruels car is just pulling up in the drive way.

he hops out of his car and slams the door shut grabbing his surfboard from the top of the car. i see he what's brought two. great. he's gonna make me surf with him.

he runs towards me spraying sand from his feet as he runs.

"hiya y/n!" he sits down on the towel i had laid out for him earlier. he's made it all sandy already.

"hi." i laugh. "you exited?"

he shakes his hair out of his face, "um, yeah, the waves look so good and there hasn't really been a hot day like this for a while."

i grin, "you nerd."

ruel rolls his eyes, "i'm not a nerd."

"yes you are."

"no u."

"well you're a nerd about surfing at least."

he shrugs his shoulders, "sure whatever."

he both looks out at the sea, waiting to run into the water, sand in his toes, and get on his board and ride some waves.

i look at him though. how hot he looks. how his hair falls perfectly over his eyes. how his eyes squint when he looks at the sun. he's really just perfect.

"hey why didn't you tell me your parents are home." he says looking at me again.

"what?!" i cough, "i mean what?"

"i went to see if you'd left before you texted me and when i knocked your parents where there."

"oh." my mind is racing. it's probably just owen. hopefully. unless he's right. unless my parents actually found me and though 'maybe i should check on my daughter, i left her alone with no one for 16 years, why not give her a visit."

"did they not tell you?"

"uhm no."

he scratches his head, "they seem very nice. maybe they wanted to surprise you by coming home early."

"maybe." my head hurts. bad. normally when owen visits he calls me. i didn't get anything. that means if he's not there, there's strangers in my house. oh god. how did they even get in?

"y/n." ruel put his hand on my shoulder. "are you okay-"

that's when i stand up and run.
i hear ruel call my name but i don't turn back until i'm at his car.

"y/n!" ruel puffs when he gets there

"what are you-"

"drive." i simply say.

he gets in slowly after he puts the boards back on the top. ruel then starts the engine.

"where are we going?" his voice sounds stern.

"mine."

he pulls out of the beach parking lot and onto the main road.

"y/n, what's going on?"

"my...my...my 'parents' what did they look like?"

"uhm, the lady had blond hair with-"

"i don't care, what did the man look like?"

"he had short black hair and blue eyes i think... um...he was wearing a pink shirt. that's pretty weird. it didn't look good on him."

that does not sound like the description of owen at all. omg.

"omg ruel please hurry."

"okay. but you gotta tell me what's going on!"

"i don't have parents!" i yell.

"what?" he looks shocked.

"i know. i wanted to tell you but i couldn't find a way. my parents weren't ever on a holiday i've never met them. i've been abused in like 7 different foster homes really badly until this guy named owen gave me this house, my house, for free. i don't blame you if you're mad i just didn't want you to find out this way."

ruel doesn't say anything. he just sits there taking it all in.

"i promised myself i wouldn't tell anyone. i was going to tell you. i'm so sorry ruel i just-"

"no. it's fine. i swear it is. we can talk about it later. we just need to get to your house."

"ok."

we soon arrive at my house and i jump out of the car.
ruel walks over to my side and kisses my head, "it's going to be okay."

"sure."

i make my way to the front door and unlock it.

inside, sitting on my bench chairs, are sure enough, a man and a woman, exactly how ruel described them, eating some grapes.

"ah, y/n." the man smiles an evil smile.

a/n:

omg cliffhanger!!
i'm so sorry to leave you like this lol.
also i know i said that i would post a lot more this week, it's just something happened in my personal life and it's been pretty crap recently so i had to quickly write this chapter so sorry if there's words spelt wrong or random things in it or it doesn't make sense. i just didn't have time to edit it. love you all so much xx also thanks for 4k!!! xx