• fearless •

* * *

y/ns pov:

tomorrow is the big day. i get to watch my ruel sing his beautiful soul out in front of hundreds of people. i've never been to a concert before and this one i get to be in the wings cheering him on.

i've felt kinda weird lately. like i'm not so sad anymore—but that's not it. i just feel weird. i think it's love. does love do that? i've never been in love before ruel so i don't know. maybe. but all i know is love is wonderful and beautiful. it can change a person and can show you how brilliant the tiniest things in life can be.

i always think about what would happen if i didn't go for a walk that day. or if ruel wasn't coming back from the tree. i'd probably still be this old crumpled up piece of paper that's been under a bed for the past 3 years.

i sit up quickly from the back seat of the car we're renting. we're at the venue getting the last few things set up. i may have fallen asleep waiting for ruel. i look out the window across the busy streets of oslo and there's already people lining up for the concert. like what? it's tomorrow. they must be dedicated.

i yawn and look at the time on my phone. 4:30pm. great. they're running late. they said they'd be out at four. i unlock my phone and play some music and just vibe for a bit, singing and dancing along. i'm so glad these windows are tinted.

five minutes later i see ruel sneaking out the back of the venue hiding from the few fans who were lining up. he had a smirk on his face and i knew exactly what he was gonna do. seconds later, he runs up and scares one of the girls sitting down. she screams and then suddenly, one by one, all the fans start screaming.

he laughs and takes photos with the few people he could and runs back to the car.

"hello y/n!" he smiles.

i laugh as he struggles to get his long as legs comfortable. "hi."

a couple moments later a man i think is nate -ruel a manager-comes and sits in the passenger seat and looks at ruel. "ruel i know it's hard mate, but you kinda have to stop doing that. remember the girl who followed the car all the way to the hotel room?"

ruel just laughed, "yeah but she was crazy."

"ruel."

"okay fine."

nate turns away and he smiles to himself. and anyone who knows ruel would know that he was 100% gonna do that again.

"so what took you guys so long?" i ask leaning back in my chair. "also who's opening?"

"oh, so this is the y/n." nate smiles at me, "i'm nate."

i nod and smile at him.

"soo..." i look at ruel waiting for him to answer my question.

"um." he says blushing, "do i tell her now?" he whispers to nate.

nate shrugs, "if you want, whenever."

"okay...y/n..." ruel holds my hands.

"mmhmm...?" i give him a questioning look.

"will you be willing to-"

"dude please don't ask me to marry you-"

"y/n shut up." ruel smirks.

nate laughs to himself. ruel rolls his eyes.

"continue..." i say smiling.

"will you be willing to open for me for my europe shows?" he blurts out. he smiles awkwardly, expecting me to say no.

"omg ruel, of course! that would be a dream come true oh my gosh!"

ruel beams and hugs me tight. i kiss his forehead and he whispers in my ear, "thank you."

* * *

when we got back to the hotel i went into my room while ruel live-streams on his instagram. i grab his guitar off his stand and sit down. i reach into my backpack and grab my notebook ruel gave to me. and i start to write another song.

one day i'll get to dance in a storm with him, dance until our feet hurt, dance until dawn, dance until we've danced to every song, dance until we're fearless.

a/n: sjjshakakdjabanwi yeah ok i know this was a short chapter but like it's still a chapter :) also i didn't have time to edit so sorry if it is bad. anyways ily guys thank you for reading, we've almost got 30k 🥺🥺