• sad love story •

the world was quiet. i couldn't hear anything except his sobbing. it's almost like everyone ever just stopped. they just stopped for us. just for us.

this just doesn't seem real. how am i alive? how is he here? how is any of this real?

i choke on a tear and try and sit up. ruel comes rushing over still with tears flowing out and helps me up. he looks at me like i'm his. and i look at him like he's mine. and as cliche as that is, it's true.

he brushes my hair behind my ears and kisses my forehead. but i move so his lips connect with mine. i kiss him gently. his lips were soft and wet with tears. i lift my good arm and place it onto his cold face, catching tears as they fall.

we don't need to say anything. we don't need to talk. we don't need to tell each other how much we missed each other. because it doesn't matter. that's the past and the past is gone. we're in the present now and i can't wait for my future with him.

he touches my hand with his and smiles. "you're back." he whispers.

i smile hugely too, "i'm back."

he lays his head on the bed and i play with his soft hair.

"don't ever leave again." he mumbles.

"i won't, i promise."

he holds my hand tight and moves his head so he's leaning on my shoulder.

it was so beautiful. everything. him. this moment. everything.

and we just lay there, with the world against us, with our lives slowly crumbling away. we just lay there. in the moment that we both dreamt of ever since i was gone.

* * *

i wake suddenly thinking it was all a dream but i feel ruels head on my shoulder and smile. i'm back.

ruel wakes up seconds later and just looks at me with his hair all messed around his face and smiles adorably.

i kiss him on the cheek and he laughs.

"i wish i could laugh." i say looking out the window.

he grabs my cheek and turns my head to face him.

"then laugh." he smirks.

"it hurts too much. my body. everything." i signal to all my bandages and casts.

"then laugh." he says like it's the most obvious thing ever.

"ruel, did you hear me?"

"yeah, laugh." he starts to make funny faces at me. that i couldn't help but slip out a laugh.

i suspected pain, but none came.

"what?"

ruel just smiles and starts tickling me. but again, no pain.

"ruel, what did you do?"

he just laughs and continues to make me laugh.

"ruel! you big baboon! what's going on?"

he gives me a look, "fine fine. whilst you were asleep they gave you some medicine."

"but the medicine never works!"

he grins, "they told me they finally found the perfect dose."

then i did laugh. i laughed and laughed with ruel. i never thought i would laugh again. heck i never thought i'd see him again. but here i am laughing with him while he tickles me and plays with strands of my hair.

but time flew by quicker than a cheater chasing down it's pray and soon the laughter and jokes and being with ruel had to end. visiting hours had ended.

he smiles sadly as he gets off the bed. he tells me how he'll be back tomorrow as soon as they open again and i smile.

"okay, y/n...i...wow okay...it seems hard to say goodbye now that-"

"ruel i love you." i blurt out. i smile weekly and look at my hands.

"y/n l/n, i love you too."

then he runs quickly over to me and kisses me. he waved goodbye and i'm left all alone again.

but i don't feel it. i am lonely. but i don't feel it. cause he was just here. he was just here. another smile creeps up on my face and i look at the ceiling and giggle like a teenage girl would do after her first kiss in some romantic high school movie.

but we ain't in a romantic high school movie. we're in a sad love story.

i reach over to grab my cup of water from beside my bed and see a little black note book. i lift it up and it's a leather book with a gold engraving of a music note displayed on the front. i open it up and there's a small note written on the first page.

dear y/n,
for all your song writing needs.
- ruel.

if my smile was big before, well it's a whole lot bigger now.

i haven't been able to write music for ages. i have so many ideas but i open up the book, grab a pen from the table next to me and one just seems to flow out onto the pages.

i was enchanted to meet you. i was enchanted to meet you ruel.

a/n: just a quick thing, idk if anyone actually listens to the songs i put but i try to pick ones that relate to it a lot. and this one just here, it's kinda scary how well it matches the story. like idk if you're like me and when you listen to the songs, every word or lyric really works with it aha idk but hoped you liked this chapterrr it ''twas pretty cute if u ask me but yee have a great day or night love y'all new chapter coming at you on sUnday i think yep. if not then it's not.