♥️2♥️

It had been a over a week since Dunya had came to live in Usama's house. Yet it seemed it seemed that she wasn't even there to begin with. She would remain in the guest room allocated to her, never coming out of it. Ishrat bua, who worked for Usama's family even before he was born, had looked after Dunya since she arrived. Despite her coaxung Dunya to come out of the room, she never came out.

Usama had brought clothes and other necessities for her on the first day she came to his house. Living in a two bedroom apartment all alone with Ishrat bua, Usama never really missed his family. His family never left an opportunity to visit him or video call him so that element of family wasn't amiss in his life.

Being the second eldest in his family after his sister, Usama was a really short-tempered, intelligent and serious kind of person. He never spoke more than he needed to and was very serious regarding his duty and everything else. He had been working as a police officer for the previous five years. And in these five years because of his intelligence and quick thinking, he solved thousands of cases due to which he attained the high status.

But all that intelligence could not help him solve the case of Dunya Munawar. She was as stubborn as they came. It was as if she never spoke in the hospital because at his house she went mute, or maybe selectively mute because she only spoke to Ishrat bua once in a blue moon.

He tried so much to get Dunya to talk but she never did. She ignored him as if he wasn't there, talking to her. Sje just stared at the wall or her lap. If he was like any other human being and if he didn't know of her situation, he would have burned with rage at her behaviour and would have thought of her as selfish. But he knew it was hard for Dunya after what she went through but he wanted to hear her sweet voice again. He wanted her to address him, to talk to him, to share her problems, wanted to know her, but it seemed as if no matter how hard hard he tries to reach her, the more far he gets from her.

♥️♥️♥️

Ring!

Ring!

Ring!

The house phone had been ringing for a long time now but it seemed as if no one was at home.

She got up from the bed and tiptoed slowly almost limped towards the hall after coming outside from her room. She remembered that Ishrat bua went to the market and Usman Khan was at his work. She was somewhat healed to an extent that she was atleast able to walk. Her bruises on her face and body were slowely disappearing as well. Her arm and chest were the bigger problem.

She bit her lips as she looked at the phone sitting on top of the kitchen table. She contemplated, a bit scared if she should answer the phone. This was the first time she had come out of her room, thinking that the call was probably important as it was ringing for the previous fifteen minutes after every one minute it stopped ringing.

Bring her hand in front of her, she placed it on the receiver. After picking up the receiver she placed it on her ear.

"As-Assa-Assalamualikum." She stuttered in a meek voice, heart beating furiously in her chest.

A dark chuckle was what she was answered with. "DSP itna dara hua hai kay khud ki bajaye ab ladkiyon say phone uthwata hai?" (Is the DSP that scared that he now asks girls to attend his calls?)

Her heart almost leaped out of her heart at the voice. There was a menace in the tone of the man that frightened Dunya. "K-kon?" (W-who i-is it?)

Before she could get any reply, the receiver was snatched from her hands that were trembling so bad.

She had heard that voice before, the voice that still torments her in her nightmares. But how did he know about her whereabouts? According to her she was dead to them. Was that man really him or was she hallucinating? It couldn't be possible that it was him. But Usama's words confirmed what she didn't want to hear.