🍁2🍁

Tere dil say mere dil ka rishta ajeeb hai
Meelon ki dooriyan hain lekin dadhkan kareeb hai

💞💞💞

"She is our maid." A deep voice said from the doorway, making the two girls turn towards the door.

Maid? Zamzam thought to herself. From which angle do I look like a maid? Not that there were any category for maids, but still...

"Maid? In a wedding dress?" Maryam did not seem convinced. "She wasn't even here until yesterday, where did she appear from at one in the afternoon? And how do you know that she is a maid, you only came at the early hours of the morning?"

One in the afternoon? Did she sleep for so long on this ugly couch?

"Oho Maryam, stop being suspicious of everything. When I was on my way home, I saw her sitting on the side of the road. When I inquired who she was, she said that her parents tried to force her to marry a fifty year old man just because of money. They basically sold her but she ran away so I brought her here as the maid so that she can be kept safe and she can repay us as well which she really wanted to repay me for the favour." Almir lied, keeping his face and gaze away from Zamzam throughout his little speech. "Besides, she did say that she used to work as a maid before as well so it was a win-win situation for both of us. Sorry, I forgot to inform you since I went straight to bed because of the long drive."

Zamzam tried her best to keep her mouth shut and not laugh at the words he uttered. It was total opposite of what really happened but his story somehow did match his lie, that she ran away from her wedding but not the forcing, money and the old man part.

When Almir bought her in his house, he totally forgot about his family members. Luckily he saw Maryam going in the storeroom and he thought of a lie and spoke whatever came to his mind. He rarely spoke lies to his family, but he had to do so now because of her until he thinks of another solution to this trouble. He could have skipped the maid part but where was the fun in it. He would teach her a lesson to not mess with him and make her pay for the lie.

"How does she know English if she is a maid?" Maryam fired her next question, trying to fulfill her curiosity or maybe she didn't really believe Almir. Maryam was a woman who got paranoid really easily hence suspicion was her top priority in every situation.

Zamzam thought that now it was her turn to speak, giving her an opportunity to speak since she can never shut her mouth for a long period of time. Besides she has a talent for lying so she knew how to handle this situation.

"Woh jee... bas thori boti aa jandi ai. Mainay bataya hai na, meri saheli hai Maryam, main uskay ghar kam kardi saan. Usnay sikha ditti thori." She tried to imitate Shukran maasi that worked in her house since before she was even born. She apologised to Shukran maasi in her heart for mimicking her. (Actually, I know a little. I told you about my friend Maryam, I used to work in her house as her maid, she taught me a bit.)

On the other hand Zamzam was sure that if Maryam (her best friend) found out that in Miss Zamzam's lie, she was her best friend's maid, Maryam would have a field day. Zamzam knew Maryam wouldn't let her live this down.

"Waisay shakal say toh maasi nahi lagti tum." Maryam raised an eyebrow at Zamzam, looking at her from head to toe. (You don't look like a maid.)

"Uskay maathay pay likha hona chahiye tha kya?" Almir rolled his eyes and left the room. (Should it be written on her forehead that she's a maid.)

Maryam sighed loudly and looked at Zamzam. "Chalo aao, main tumhe kapray doon tum tabdeel karlo. Baad main main tumhe kaam bataoongi. Kuch khanay kay liye bhi deti hoon."
(Come, I will give you some clothes and after that I will tell you what to do. You can also eat something.)