🍁4🍁

Kuch khaas dilon ko hi ishq kay ilhaam hotay hain
Muhabbat aik moujza hai, aur moujzay kahan aam hotay hain...

🍁🍁🍁

"We'll go and get the ice creams, you guys sit here." Almir said and both him and Haroon went to the counter to get the ice creams.

As soon as they were out of earshot, Maryam leaned on the table, placing both her elbows on it, her face in her hand. She looked around at the shop, there were only a handful of people that were there.

"Zamzam?"

"Hmm?" She hummed in response, waiting for Maryam to say what she wanted to.

"What's going on between you and bhai?" She asked, without going in circles.

Zamzam's eyes widened in shock and somewhat in fear. "K-kuch bhi nahi. No-nothing. Why are you asking?"

Maryam shook her head. "I was just curious. You blended well enough in the family and they don't treat you like a maid but I have noticed something."

"Noticed what?" Zamzam looked at her hesitantly.

"You don't seem to get along with Almir bhai." She shrugged. "I mean, I have rarely seen you interact with him, it's like there is some kind of war between you too. You both seem irritated in each other's presence. Considering the situation that he was the one you ran into that night, you both should have an understanding of some sort, but there is nothing like that."

Zamzam cleared her throat, gathering words that would convince Maryam. One thing that she had observed about Maryam was that she was really paranoid and observing.

"The thing is... I think your brother doesn't really 'like' people like me. I mean according to him I am a maid who ran away from her wedding and just got into anyone's car at the middle of the night on a barren road. What kind of impression does that give him about me? Yes, he helped me a great deal but helping someone and thinking good about that person are two different things."

Maryam shook her head, not seeming to agree with him. "I know my brother Zamzam, he's not like that. He's really compassionate, he feels for other people. He doesn't think like that. There is something else going on here. I have a theory."

Zamzam raised an eyebrow. "What theory?"

"That you both like each other but you both don't want to accept that so you try to limit your interactions with each other."

Zamzam laughed, like seriously laughed. "Oh my God, Maryam api. I assure you, there is nothing like that-"

"Oho! Do do hoor pariyon kay darshan ho gaye aaj toh!" Zamzam got interrupted by a group of three boys that had just entered the shop. They took a seat at the table besides them. One of the guy from them had made that comment while the other two gave them cheesy smiles. (Wow, we get to meet two beauties here!)

Zamzam gave them a glare as Maryam adjusted her dupatta properly, fidgeting in nervousness.

"Haye katilana aankhain!" One of the other commented, winking at Zamzam. (Oof dangerous eyes!)

She ignored them after that. They carried on making comments. "If you not interested, ask the one next to you. Maybe she will be."

Maryam's hand shook in fear. She looked down at the table, trying to hide away from their leering eyes. "Oh ho! Don't be shy!" One guy commented.