🕊8🕊

Hasse Tere Naal Ve Jind Tuhio Jaan Ve
Tere Pichhe Rondiyan Akhiyan Naadan Ve
Rooh Kurlawe Na Tu Khedi Aisi Chal Ve
Zindagi Haseen Ae Je Tu Mere Naal Ve
Jeena Tere Naal Marna Vi Tere Naal

🕊🕊🕊

White.

It was white all around her. She ran from one side to another, trying to make sense of directions but was unsuccessful. Her heart was thumping loudly in her ears, sweat started to form on her temples and the back of her neck. Trepidation washed over her when she didn't find a way out of the white fog.

Where was she? Why was she trapped here? She wanted to cry at her situation but she didn't. She took a step forward and suddenly she was sucked into a vacuum, her body free falling and she screamed.

In the next moment, she was standing in a meadow. A magical clearing with colourful flowers, sun shining brightly into the sky. Crystal clear water twinkled in her peripheral vision causing her to look on her left. A gasp of awe left her mouth as she looked at the waterfall of colorless water falling into the lake. She heard squealing from her right and a bright smile appeared on her face on seeing the scene. A girl of about 2 years old was running around the meadow, giggling and squealing. Dhanak's heart almost busted out of her chest in pure joy on seeing the small child.

She started to walk towards the girl and as soon as she reached the bank of the lake where the girl was chasing a butterfly, the ground beneath her slipped.

And she blinked.

The first thing she noticed was the light pink ceiling. The first sound to reach her ears were of a machine, making beeping noise.

Dhanak was confused for few minutes, trying to decipher her situation. She looked around the hospital room, her eyes widening when she remembered what had happened to her and then the dream she had.

Her hand hastily went to her stomach, her heartbeat increasing, the ventilator made loud noises indicating her state. "Bacha!" She screamed, "Mera bacha!"

Sweat formed on her temple, chest heaving up and down in fear, eyes wide and full of tears. "Ghazaan!" She yelled desperately, trying to sit up. The pain on her back made her wince loudly just as the door of the room opened.

"Mrs Ghazaan, please be calm!" A female voice took hold of her arms, trying to restrict her movements. Dhanak was out of control, crying loudly. "Ghazaan, my baby!"

More people rushed into the room as her crying intensified. She was thrashing around, trying to get. "Mrs Ghazaan, please stop!" More hands took hold of her and she was pushed back into the bed. Something pricked her upper arm and the next moment her eyes closed.

Brown eyes swam in front of her hazy vision. "I am sorry Ghazaan. I could... couldn't save our...."

💫💫💫

How are you feeling now Mrs Ghazaan?" Dr Kashan asked politely, smiling at Dhanak and checking her reports. "Any pain or discomfort?"

Dhanak smiled back. "I am fine doctor." She replied softly. "Just back pain but only when I apply too much of pressure on it."

"That pain will be gone in a day or two. Your reports seem fine as well, you have recovered pretty fast. As for the pain, there's nothing to worry about." He closed the file and diverted all his attention on her. "I think you are ready to be discharged by tomorrow. I will prescribe some medications to you as well. You need to really take care of your diet. Do you have any contact with a gynaecologist in Peshawar? Do you want me to refer someone to you?"