🕊6🕊

Yeh Intezaar Kay Lamhe, Yeh Bekarar Sa Dil
Teri Talab Main Tarapta Hai Tere Pyaar Ka Dil

🕊🕊🕊

"How are you bhabhi?!" A cheery and loud voice pierced through her ear followed by another person telling her to keep it down.

Dhanak laughed at her sister-in-law and brother-in-law. "I am fine, what's up? Aaj apni bhabhi ko kaisay yaad kar liya?" (What made you remember your sister-in-law today?)

"Why you lying bhabhi, I called you just yesterday." An offended Rabail said.

"I was just kidding guriya. How's mama and baba?" She asked, opening a case file that she was currently working on.

"They are fine Alhamdulillah." There was a pause followed by hush whispers that made her turn all her attention towards the phone.

"What's wrong Rabail?" She asked worriedly.

"Woh actually, aaj aik maheena ho gaya hai bhai ko gaye and there is no information on the situation there so we were just tensed. You are a journalist, right? You would know something. Mom and dad refused to let us ask you because they didn't want to worry you but we... we couldn't resist. This is the first time bhai has gone a mission and hasn't contacted us even once." Rabail narrated her issue, sadness and worry apparent in her voice. (It's been one month since bhai left.)

Dhanak sighed as her heart sank. There was not a moment where she didn't think about him or miss him. "You know na guriya that no journalist or reporter is allowed there. That part of the country is clearly off-limits to everyone except the army or private intelligence, people related to that mission. We are also trying our best to get any type of news even if it is just minute but we are unable to."

Rabail was quite for few seconds. "Bhai will be all right, no?" She whispered, a tenderness and fear in her words.

Dhanak looked at the ceiling, biting her shivery bottom lip. "Have trust in Allah, Ghazaan will be fine. Pray and make dua to Allah that He protects your brother and everyone fighting on that border."

"I am bhabhi, believe me there is not even one moment when I am not making dua... I am really sorry for troubling you."

"No Rabail, don't be sorry. He's your brother, you have a right to know about it. Besides, you were not troubling me at all." She took a deep breath and smiled, changing the subject. "Anyways, when are your exams? Yesterday you said you will get the dates today."

"What bhabhi!" She whined. "You had to remind me about the exams. I would like to strangle whoever came up with the concept of exams."

Dhanak laughed at her misery. "Bhai jaanain bachata hai aur behan jaan lena chahti hai. You doing great Rabail, carry on!" She teased her making Rabail make a crying noise.

"Bhabhiiiii!"

"Ok sorry guriya!" Dhanak chuckled. "So when are your exams?"

"They'll start from next month. I am free from tomorrow, but will be busy in studies. I might not be able to speak to you regularly, sorry in advance."

"Not a problem. All the best for the exams. Oh, is Samiya back from her parent's house? I wanted to ask her something."

"Thank you so much bhabhi. And no, Samiya bhabhi will come back tomorrow. Do you want me to give you her number?" Rabail asked.

Dhanak thought about it but then shook her head. "No, it's fine, I'll speak to her when she comes back." There was a knock on her office door to see Agha Hussain standing at the door. "Ok Rabail, I'll have to go now. Will speak to you later."