🍁6🍁

Please read the note at the end!

🍁🍁🍁

Silence.

That was all they heard.

Zamzam bit her lip in nervousness as she looked at everyone's expressions. Almir took hold of her hand and squeezed, equally in distress.

The multiple pair of eyes looked between then, an expression of disbelief present on their faces.

"I knew it!" A female voice exclaimed, excitement present on her face. "I knew there was something going on between you two."

Zamzam and Almir both turned to look at her and glared at her to keep her mouth shut. Maryam pouted and mumbled a quite sorry, placing a finger on her lips in the process.

"How can you both hide this big thing from us?" Mrs Hussain voiced out with a stern expression.

Almir gulped. "Actually mom... it happened... I mean things happened in such a way that it became difficult to tell. Besides, before there was no point in telling you anything because I would have di-divorced her in few days and it didn't seem like a big deal in telling anyone anything, things would have gotten worse. But now, I really want to spend my life with Zamzam."

Mr and Mrs Hussain were understanding and open-minded parents. They had made sure that their children were not depraved if anything. No matter how open-minded they were, they still taught their children right from wrong. They were really loving and accepting towards their friends and if they found something wrong, they took a stand against it and their children always agreed with them. Their relation was more like friends than children and parents.

The parents that made sure that their children's every wish be fulfilled than how could they not fulfill this wish of Almir. They had a right to choose their own life partners and what would be better that he chose someone that Mrs Hussain liked. When she set her eyes on Zamzam many months ago, she really found to be really nice. She was a spitfire but there was an innocence in her that only Mrs Hussain could see. Even if that time she was a maid, she never considered her to be.

Yes, just like every parent they were a bit upset and angry on them for hiding their relation from them but they later tried to understand their situation and they were somewhat lenient towards them.

The two people that were saddened over it were Haroon and Maha. Haroon, because he had started liking Zamzam and he wanted to speak to his parents about it but now he couldn't because she was his sister-in-law. He tried to hide his pain behind his smile. He didn't want to ruin his brother's happiness. Besides, it's not necessary that you always get the one you love, you have to think of their happiness always.

Maha was angry at the fact that Zamzam snatched her love right under her nose and she couldn't do anything. No wonder Almir rejected her two nights ago. He already had someone, why would he go to another? That made her remember how that night Almir refused to open the door fully. In fact, when she had knocked on the door, she had heard anklet sound but she dismissed it thinking it was her imagination. She looked Zamzam's feet, she was wearing anklets. She decided to let go of the matter because if she said anything now, she would be exposing her own self. Anyways, she wasn't going to go after a married man, it wasn't her style.

💐💐💐

"It was all a plan. He made us all a fool. How could he do this? How could he betray the ones who never let her feel that he is an orphan. Papa always gave him what he wanted yet he didn't feel an ounce of guilt in doing this?" Zamzam said holding her head in her hands. "How could I be so stupid? Why couldn't I understand him? Why did I had to run away?"