♥️4♥️

Twisting her fingers nervously, she put her knees to her chest. This was the second time she was in this room. The first time was after she had made her decision, and now... as his wife.

She was his wife.

The thought felt euphoric, a smile lifted unto her lips. She was a married woman now but she still wondered why he married now. She knew she loved him and that was the reason for her saying yes, but what was his reason? Did he marry her because he felt sympathy? Because that was the only reason he brought her to his house. The smile wiped out of her face at that thought, did she do the right thing marrying?

But it was too late now, the milk was already spilt. Or maybe she was just over thinking, maybe be also felt something for her. She shook her head, she surely was over thinking. Usama did say he will tell her after the nikkah why he wanted to marry her. For that, she just had to wait.

Her gaze fell on her hands, adorned with mehndi (henna). She had insisted she didn't want to put mehndi but Dua literally begged her that a bride's hands shouldn't be empty and she had to agree albeit reluctantly. The colour was too dark. A tear escaped her eyes as she remember what her mother used to say.

It was one of her cousin's wedding and girls were making designs with the mehndi on her hands. She looked at her cousin's hands and she had smiled. Thinking that one say she would also be sitting like this, getting married, having her hands adorned with mehndi.

Her mother had looked at her and smiled, voicing the same thoughts that were on her mind. "Dekhna main kitnay pyaar say apni beti toh khud sajaoon gi. Main apni sab say pyaari beti ko parlour sharlour nahi bhejoon gi." She cupped Dunya's face in her hands, her eyes shining with love. "Mehndi bhi khud lagaoon gi, aur dekhna uss mehndi ka rang bohot gehra hoga, main pyaar say jo lagaoon gi. Aur meri Allah say yehi khuwahish hai kay tumhe aik samjhdaar aur pyaar karne wala shauhar mile, jo tumhe pyaar say pehle izzat de. Kyunke izzat say barh kar kuch nahi hota."

(I will make you ready myself at your wedding. My sweetest daughter will get ready by my hands and not from a parlour. I will also put henna on you with my own hands and you will see, the colour would be really dark since I will do it with love. I pray to Allah that you get an understanding and loving husband who will give you respect before love. There is nothing greater than respect.)

"Look Ami, I found a husband who respects me." She thought out loud. "See, my mehndi is really dark. You said you will make me get ready, you will put mehndi on me, what happened ami? Why didn't you believe me? Kyun apni beti kay saaray khuwab tod diye? Kyun?" (Why did you break your daughter's dreams? Why?)

She hastily wiped her tears, there was no use crying over people who never believed her. They had known her for 19 years and they discarded all of their teachings and values given to her in 19 minutes. She had already wasted many of her tears yesterday night that her family wasn't with her on her special day but not anymore. Her new life was in front of her, she was going to start afresh. It's fine if Usama didn't love her but atleast respects her and respect is far greater than love.

She looked at the dress she was wearing, her jewellery and her makeup from the mirror placed on the wall in front of the bed and smiled. What if her family wasn't here, Usama's family was enough for her. At least they supported her even after she asked Usama to tell everything about her. They didn't look at her like her family did. They were so nice and loving towards her.

They had all arrived the day before yesterday from Islamabad when Usama informed them that he was getting married. They brought so much of gifts and dresses (especially her wedding dress and jewellery) for her which she tried to refuse but no one listened to her. Usama wanted to do a simple simple Nikkah and Dunya had no problem with them although everyone else were really dejected but they fulfilled their wishes on Nikkah. They had adorned her fully as a bride despite her refusal but her mother-in-law said that she should feel special on her special day.