23 ~ The Flight

July 5th, 2019

We make our way into the airport terminal and head to check-in. We drop our suitcase off with no issues and head through security. We browse around duty free and buy a few bits, before heading to the restaurants for some breakfast.

"I don't wanna sound all up myself or anything but don't be surprised if I get recognised and people come up to us okay? I'm used to it so it doesn't really bother me but I just thought I'd warn you so you don't get..." Dom's cut off with a light tap on his shoulder. We turn around and see two girls a few years younger than me, one's wearing a Black Hearts Club hoodie and the other is wearing a pink YUNGBLUD hoodie.

"Good to see ya's!" Dom shouts bringing them both into a hug. The girls ask for some photos and one starts crying. "Aw, don't cry. You'll make me cry" Dom says bringing her into a hug again. We stand and talk for a while, they were curious who I was so we told them. I'm not about keeping secrets and neither's Dom. We give them a quick run down not going into too much detail, before saying goodbye and making our way to a restaurant.

We enjoy some breakfast before shopping around again.

We decide to go and buy some drinks and snacks for the flight so head into WHSmiths. We choose what we want and head to pay, as our turn comes we step forward to the cashier. The woman raises her head and looks at Dom, she looks confused. Like she recognised him but doesn't know why, she shakes her head lightly before scanning through our items. "Can I just scan your boarding pass please?" The young woman asks.

"Of course" Dom replies pulling it out of the pocket of his pink joggers. He hands it over for her to scan, she lifts her head quickly staring back at Dom. Dom laughs and says to her "Is there a problem, you seem kinda confused". She laughs nervously before answering, "No there's not, sorry about that. I thought I recognised you, you're YUNGBLUD right?" "That's me!"

The cashier asks me to take a photo of them both and gave me her Instagram to send it to her later, we say goodbye to her and head to our gate.

//

We walk up the steps to the plane hand in hand, a smile creeps over my face as I rest my head on Dom's shoulder. The line was moving slow so it took a while.

As we near the top of the steps and approach the door of the plane, Dom leans over me and taps the outside of the plane. I giggle before looking up at him, his green eyes staring back at me sternly. "You have to do it, it's good luck" he says before lifting my hand to the door, I pat it. "Happy now?" He nods in response.

We take our seats, I'm in the window with Dom next to me. The aisle seat is empty for now but I don't get my hopes up. We sit listening to music whilst the plane still fills up.

"Cabin crew, prepare the doors for take off" the captain announces. We both smile realising the seat is still empty and won't be taken now.

A few moments later the engines start rumbling and we begin taxiing. Dom's leg is bouncing and he's playing with his silver rings. I place my hand on his thigh and instantly his leg shakes less. I lift the armrest between us up and wrap my arm around his back pulling him close to me. It makes me feel safe when he does it to me so I hoped it would do the same to him. He rests his head on my shoulder and closes his eyes as the engines fully power up.

A few seconds later we lift off as we begin ascending. Dom shakes slightly under my arms. The seatbelt sign dims and he lifts his head slightly. "Thank you babe," I cut him off by giving him a short kiss.

"Do you wanna lay down, I'll move up" he whispers gently. I nod and he unbuckles his seatbelt and lifts up the next arm rest, he slides along and I lay down. My head against his thigh, he leans back against the head rest playing gently with my hair. I snuggle down against his body, before gently lifting my head "Wake me up if you need to okay? Don't feel bad about waking me up." He nods in response and I lay back down and fall asleep against him.

A/N  Hope you're enjoying so far! Please remember to vote for this chapter. Feel free to comment any feedback, mistakes, ideas or requests. Don't forget to add YUNGBLUD ~ A Wild Ride 🖤💕 to your reading lists to be notified when I update with another chapter which should be coming soon.