71 ~ The Lazy Day

A/n i totally didn't realise how long it had been since i updated, i'm sorryyyyy

July 14th

I smile and nod, snuggling down against the pillows. Dom lays down and goes to wrap an arm around me, I gently pull it away.

"I'm sorry." he says, quickly moving his arm, "No," I giggle, "I wanna cuddle you." I tell him, turning over so I can cuddle him from behind.

He gives in and he relaxes as I wrap my arms around him. "Comfy?" I giggle as he snuggles into my arms. He nods with his eyes closing slowly.

"You're tired." I tell him, moving a piece of hair from his face. "No I'm not." He argues whilst trying to keep his eyes open. "Dom, yes you are. Just go to sleep, stop fighting it.".

"I don't wanna!" he groans like a child. "You're cute when you're sleepy." I tell him quietly. "Not as cute as you." he replies, this time with his eyes fully closed.

I smile before laying my head down next to his, his long hair tickling my face.

~

Dom's PoV

I turn over, finally opening my eyes after the sun streaming through the windows woke me up. I smile as I notice y/n's arms gently hung over my body.

I carefully lift her arms up and slip out of the bed, careful not to wake her up, and replace the covers to keep her warm.

Being sure to not disturb her, I leave the bedroom and make my way downstairs and into the kitchen.

I flick the kettle on and get our mugs off the side to make us both a cup of tea. I start going through the bare cupboards and the fridge to try and find something for breakfast.

We had only grabbed a few things, food wise, and it mainly consisted of snacks.

I finish up making the cups of tea whilst thinking what I could make for us. I start to get frustrated pulling everything out of the food cupboard; bread, nutella, noodles, cookies, soup, some apples and oranges.

The fridge was even more scarce, a small bottle of milk for our tea, a half eaten punnet of strawberries and butter.

I give up trying to come up with a good idea of what to make and just make the best of a bad situation.

When it's finally all done I carry the cups of tea up and place them on both of our bedside tables, then return with our trays of breakfast.

"Wakey wakey." I whisper gently, crouching down next to y/n. She looks so peaceful and sweet. She covers her face to block the light from her eyes. "Sorry." I whisper even softer.

"What's that smell?" She says in her cute sleepy voice. "I made breakfast." I explain, moving back to sit on my side of the bed and pass her a tray.

"I had to work with what we had, which isn't much." he laughs, "So I hope it's not too bad, we really need to get some more food in.".

"What is it?" she laughs, proding at the food. "Hey, my cooking not that bad!" I act offended, "No but seriously, what is it?" y/n asks again.

"I made toast but I didn't know if you'd want nutella or just butter so I brought both up, a couple of cookies, an apple, an orange, and some 'chocolate covered strawberries'" I say using air quotations.

"Dom honey, you're so sweet and you know I love you endlessly, but what the fuck is that." she laughs pointing to the strawberries.

When she laughs her whole face lights up and her eyes glisten and it makes me fall in love with her all over again.