68 ~ The First Night

July 13th

"I'm in my head again, I took more medicine, ripped up the parts from my heart and my chest again." we all scream to each other as the music plays around through the cars speakers as it fades out.

"I love this song!" I shout as the next one starts. "I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing. Just praying to a God that I don't believe in. 'Cause I got time while she got freedom. 'Cause when a heart breaks no it don't break even." I start singing and encourage the rest to join in. Michael's tapping along on the steering wheel, keeping focused on the road.

"My heads pounding, can we have something a bit less shouty?" Tom asks, holding his head once it's over. "Someone had a bit too much to drink didn't they." Dom mocks him. "Fuck you." he replies flashing his middle finger.

"What about this one?" I ask putting another song on. Tom nods and rests his head against the window. I lay my head on Doms shoulder as he sings softly, "I had a dream, I got everything I wanted. Not what you'd think, and if I'm being honest it might have been a nightmare to anyone who might care.".

I smile, cuddling up to Dom. I lay my hand over my stomach. "I've ate so much." I complain to Dom. "Good, I'm proud of you." he says gently. I laugh quietly, "I feel so bloated." I tell him unbuttoning my jeans. He laughs at me. "What?" I laugh back. "Nothin'" he dismisses it.

I change the music to slower and quieter songs as I notice Tom is passed out next to us and I'm starting to get tired. "I might have to copy ya." Dom says moving to undo his cropped black trousers.

We continue driving for a few more songs before we pull into our driveway. "There we go, see you tomorrow?" Michael asks. We tell him that we'll call or text tomorrow before waving them off and opening the door.

"Can we please set up that record player now?" Dom jumps around like a little kid. "I thought you'd never ask." I joke taking it over to the table.

Dom grabs it straight out of the box, throwing the instructions to the side. "No, do it properly!" I say passing him the instructions. "I know what I'm doing." he protests. "I don't want you ruining it." I argue. "God we sound like my Mam and Dad." we both start laughing.

"But babe, I've got the same one in my room at their house. I do actually know what I'm doing, it's really easy." he tells me placing it on the table. I stay sat behind him as he fiddles around with it.

"Hey Dom," I say after a while. "Yeah?" he responds, still focused on what he's doing. "When can I meet your family?" I ask. "You'd want to?" he asks me. "I mean, not if you don't want me to but they all seem lovely, I'd love to meet them all." I shrug my shoulders.

His face lights up. "We should try and get up there before tour. I mean they're definitely gonna be at the Sheffield show and maybe a few of the other European shows but it would be great to take you back home, ya know before it all gets crazy.".

"That sounds great! I've never been up north." I tell him. "You'll love it, and I can show you were I grew up. My mum makes the best yorkshire puddings, you have to try some. They've got well loads of pictures of me when I was a kid and Dad's always armed with embarrassing stories. And then Jem and Izzy are amazing, you'll get on with them so well, you're right in between their ages and I dare say you girls will all gang up on me. I can show you my school and Parkhill and my Dads guitar shop and where we filmed Tin Pan Boy. Oh my god it's gonna be amazing!" he rambles on, excitement on his face.

I laugh slightly, "Excited much?", "Yeah, let's facetime em. They know all about you and are dying to meet you." he says holding my hands.

"O-okay, yeah sure." I say as we leave the record player and sit on one of the sofas under one of the pink blankets.

Dom calls his mum on facetime as I anxiously sit waiting for her to answer. "Wait, pretend you're not here so I can surprise em." he says throwing the blanket over me and turning to the side.

I pull the blanket away from my face and make sure I'm out of the view of the camera. "Justin, leave that, Dom's calling! Your firstborn child, your one and only son is more important than tuning a guitar. He might be with his girlfriend, hurry!", "Mum, it's connected!" Dom says to her.

"Oh Dom! I've missed you so much! Your Dad's just coming now." his mum says leaning forward and leaning her phone against something.

I can see his parents and both of his sisters sat close together on a sofa. "When are you coming to visit? I miss you?" Izzy says. "Soon I promise. I miss you all too."

"When do we get to meet your girlfriend?" his mum aks. "I mean, if you want you could speak to her right now?" he says shrugging his shoulders.

He turns the camera back to how it originally was. "Hi." I say nervously. "Oh look at you!" Sam says. "It's so nice to finally see you," Justin follows on "you've done well, don't fuck this up Dom.", "Dad!" Dom moans. Sam shoves her elbow into her husbands side to shut him up.

"I hope he's treating you well and staying out of trouble for you." Sam says to me. I laugh, "Yeah he's alright.". "He's annoying ain't he?" Jem speaks up. "So annoying, don't know how you all put up with him." I say flashing Dom a smirk.

"I told you didn't I? Knew you girls would gang up on me.".

We spoke with Dom's family for a little bit longer before saying goodbye and hanging up.

As soon as we disconnect from facetime, Dom jumps straight up and heads for the record player. "Come and choose one." he says to me pointing to them all.

I look through them all for a moment before grabbing one and slipping it out of the sleeve and gently passing it over to Dom.

"The superior panic! album, I approve." he laughs as he sets it up and presses play.

We sit unwrapping all of the vinyls from their plastic seals and line them all up in the case, sliding it underneath the table. I throw two cushions onto each sofa and drape a blanket over the back of each.

Dom folds down all of the empty boxes and bags up all of the rubbish we had managed to leave all over the house.

"Can we put this up now?" I practically beg Dom, holding up the canvas. "Only if we can put my guitar hooks up after." Dom replies, "Only if we can put the map up too." I joke.

"Right come on then." Dom says going into the kitchen to grab some hooks and a hammer from the table.

"Is it in the middle?" I turn my head to face Dom as I hold the canvas against the wall. "A bit to the left." I slightly move it over "Up." he says, stepping further back, "A tiny bit to the right." I push it ever so slightly over.

"No that was too much!" Dom shouts, "I'm only joking , that's perfect right there." I roll my eyes as he starts putting the hooks on the wall. "You're such an idiot." I joke, throwing the plastic wrapping at him. "That wasn't nice!"he shouts throwing it back at me.

He finally hooks the canvas up, "There we go." he says stepping back and proudly admiring his work. "I love it!" I beam, smiling at the perfectly hung canvas.

"Guitar hooks now, that was the deal." Dom reminds me as he grabs them from the bottom of the stairs and walks towards the spare room.

"Wait, Dom. This is one of my favourite songs!" I convince Dom as he turns on his heels, placing the hooks and tools on the window seat. "Then lets fucking dance!" he shouts over the music and grabs onto my hands. And we began dancing, and singing, and laughing, until we were both out of breath.

A/N

Songs mentioned (in order):
Candy by Machine Gun Kelly feat. Trippie Redd
Breakeven by The Script
everything i wanted by Billie Eilish

A/n 2

This chapter's been in the drafts for almost 2 weeks, sorry for keeping you waiting for so long :(