44 ~ The Aftermath

YOO, WE HIT 5 MOTHER FUCKING K, I'M SO GRATEFUL FOR YOU ALLLLL 🖤🖤

July 8th, 2019

I hear a faint sound of sirens. Everything was going to be okay. I struggle to open my eyes. I see Dom's lifeless body on the floor in front of me. I try to sit up only to feel someone holding my head still. "Please hurry, she's waking up" a familiar voice cries to the paramedics.

Through my squinted eyes I make out short blonde hair hanging over me. That's when I notice, when I notice who was there. Who called the ambulance. Who saved me. It was Zach.

As angry as I am, with him, with the man who attacked us, with myself, my main focus was getting through this. I need to survive, I need to make sure Dom survived, I need to keep this baby alive.

"Please she's pregnant, please help her." Zach begs the paramedics as I reach out for Dom. They both instantly come to me. "No, please help him. Please. He doesn't deserve to die." I cry hysterically to them, sitting up slowly.

One of the paramedics quickly kneels down besides Dom, checking his pulse. "He's alive, unsteady breathing." They tell the other. "Asthma," I barely manage to whisper, "he has bad asthma."

The paramedics quickly rush to get Dom on a stretcher and wheel him towards the ambulance. I quickly stand to rush after him. Visibly unsteady, Zach jumps up to let me lean on him. "Take it easy" he tells me as I shake my head.

When I get to the ambulance I see Dom with an oxygen mask on his face. One paramedics injecting him with god knows what, the other comes to help me up before getting out to shut the doors.

"I uhhhh - I should probably go. Hope you're both alright" Zach says running his hand through his short blonde hair before turning on his heels. "Zach please," I barley manage to say. "Stay with me." I say reaching my hand out.

He sighs before stepping up into the ambulance. The paramedic shuts the door before starting the drive to the hospital. She starts the sirens as we race through the traffic.

I lean forward, holding Dom's hands between both of mine. Tears streaming down my face. I feel Zach's hand rub my back.

"How far along are you hun?" The other paramedic asks softly. I gently lift my head before replying "About 6 and a half weeks" he writes it down on a sheet of paper. "Relationship?" He asks still looking down at the paper.

"Relationship between you two?" He asks again, pointing from me to Dom with his pen. "He's my boyfriend." I say quietly. "And is he the father?" He asks very gently. I shake my head, more tears begin to fall. The memory of Zach calling me a slag burned into my memory. The realisation that it was true growing ever stronger.

"I am." Zach says in a faint whisper. The paramedic makes some notes. "I need to know what happened. Start wherever you can. As much detail as you can. I understand it's hard, but this will help with the investigation."

I turn to face him. "The man who did it, he - he raped me about a month ago. Me and Dom were in the pub. He went to the toilet. The man came up behind me, I thought it was Dom. He dragged me outside, took me to the alley. Sexually assaulted me, hit me, pinned me against the wall, smashed my head into the wall, pushed me to the ground. Dom came, he got punched again and again. He tried to carry me out to the bench but he collapsed down when we got there." I choke on my words through my hysteric cries.

The paramedic continues making notes, nodding his head. "And you?" He asks looking at Zach. He hesitates, "I'm y/n's ex. I was just walking to the shop, I saw them both laying there. Out cold. Covered in blood. I had no idea what happened. I didn't see anyone. I don't know how long they were there. Nothing."

We finally pull up to the hospital, the paramedic opens the door. They lower the stretcher down the floor, Zach jumps out. Holding his hands out for me to get down. A nurse runs towards the ambulance, wheeling a wheelchair for me. I sit down in the chair as she pushes me into A&E, Dom on the stretcher just ahead. Zach walking beside me.