65 ~ The Graveyard

A/N ~ I'm SO sorry that it's been so long since I updated. I'm not the biggest fan of this chapter but it's something I guess

July 11th, 2019

"I have an idea. Please don't shut it down right away." Dom says sweetly.

"Hit me.", "Okay so, you know how much I love hearing you sing. And everything you've said about learning to love again, I just think you could make some amazing songs from that. You've clearly got a talent for song writing". He says gesturing to the lyrics.

"Dom I-", he puts his finger over my mouth to shush me. "I said don't shut it down right away didn't I?".

"I just don't think I could." I admit. "Come on, lets at least give it a go. It never has to go outside of this hotel room if you don't want it to okay." He rubs my shoulders.

"Come on then." I laugh, grabbing a fresh sheet of paper. "I don't even know where to start, you do this all the time, you need to help me."

"Okay so, you need to start off with a main theme, your story, your message, something you want to make the listener feel, it can be anything. But it'll be easier if it's something you're passionate about.".

I nod along, "Either about Zach and how bad that whole experience was, or about you and how much better it's all been. What do you think?".

"I think, they're both great ideas andddd, maybe, you should do both, like write two songs."

"Baby, I'm not even sure I can do one, let alone two.", "Well we can start with one and then maybe after you'll feel more comfortable to do another one." He reasons.

"Fine." I say. "So what one first?" Dom asks me. "Zach's.". "Okay so just put at the top your main themes and ideas, any lyrics you know you wanna use. Just some notes basicslly."

I do as he tells me.

Zach's
Bad love experience
Toxic
Something to do with dying
Butterflies?
Didn't realise how bad it was
Ruined me
Warning
Mistakes

"Okay now what." I ask as I finish up writing some notes. "Well you can write it however you want but usually you'd have a chorus, pre-chorus, a few verses and then like a little bridge or hook near the end and an outro. So like in die a little, it goes; verse, pre-chorus, chorus, verse, pre-chorus, chorus, bridge, outro."

I nod along with him. "Wait I've got a lyric." I shout scribbling it down. Dom turns the paper so he can see. "I like it. How do you want it to sound?"

"The warning signs can feel like they're butturflies." I sing to him. He nods along with me, "I like it." he simply says before fiddling around with his guitar. He starts playing a simple melody. "Sing that line again for me." I do as he says.

"Not quite." he says to himself before trying another melody. "Again." I sing the line again. "There we go, how does that sound?"

"Literally how can you do that so quick." I say, laughing. "Talent love." Dom jokes back.

~

We've spent the last 30 minutes or so throwing lines back and forth to each other, singing sections again and again. It's finally starting to come together and it's almost perfect.

"It's missing something, I just don't know what."

"Let's go through it all again." Dom suggests. He plays the tune for a few seconds before I start singing.

* you can listen to Graveyard by Halsey here (preferably the acoustic version because that's what it would sound like) because that's what the song is :) I've put all of the lyrics below, if you don't want to read them skip until you see 🖤*