47 ~ The Support

July 8th, 2019

"Y/n, listen to me babe. We're getting through this, together. I'm never leaving you, I promise you. We've got this," he holds his hand out flat in front of us.

I take a deep breath before placing my hand in his, my hairs stand on end when we touch. "Together." Dom says, "Together." I reply.

We're interrupted by a young female doctor knocking on the door, slowly opening it and peeking her head around.

"Come in." Dom tells her, she shuts the door behind her before pulling the chair towards me and Dom. She sits just in front of us, crossing one leg over the other.

"Take your time darling, but when you're ready. We need to get your chest checked out hun." She says softly. "If there's anything I can do to make this easier for you, please just tell me." She says as she stands up and sorts through my notes and paperwork.

I stay still for a few moments. Dom wraps his arm around my back, his hand landing on my arm. He pulls my towards him very gently, my head just barely resting on his shoulder. His hand rubs up and down my skin, putting me at ease.

After a few moments, I reach my hand down to Dom's thigh and gently squeeze it, signalling that I was ready.

Dom hops off the bed and back over to his wheelchair before slowly wheeling himself next to me using his one good hand.

Using my right hand, I slowly untuck my shirt from my skirt. I begin to lift it over my body, stopping just below my bra. My hand still grasping the fabric, I mouth to Dom, "I can't do it, my fingers." Lifting up my left hand with my broken fingers.

Dom cracks a smile before clearing his throat which gets the doctors attention, she lifts her head slightly. Dom responds by nodding towards me, making me blush.

"Sorry, could you help, I think my fingers are broken." I ask as she stands up from behind her desk. She comes and stands just in front of me, taking the fabric from my grasp. I timidly lift my arms above my head, she lifts the shirt over my head and off my arms, being careful to not catch my fingers.

This is the first time I've been without a shirt in front of Dom. I suddenly become aware of the fact that I'm showing Dom my biggest insecurity.

I can see in his eyes that he doesn't know where to look. His eyes make their way to mine briefly before slowly slipping down my chest, I watch as his eyes fall further down my body. Landing just below my bra. My scars on show, heart beating fast.

The doctor holds her hand out in front of me, I hold it using my good hand. "If you're uncomfortable at all, just say." She reminds me before placing her other hand gently behind my shoulders.

I slowly begin to lay down on the bed, my body finally touches the bed as she slowly pulls her hands away. I look to Dom he mouths "I'm proud of you" to me. My cheeks turn hot red.

A/n kind of just a filler chapter, some good shit should be coming soon