49 ~ The Reality

A/n, WHAT THE FUCKKKK, we hit 20k 🖤🖤

July 8th & 9th, 2019

Dom gently leans away from me, we lock eyes. "I've said it before, and I'll say it again and again. I am so, so, so proud of you y/n. I love you so much.".

He leans down and kisses me softly, as we pull away I whisper in his ear, "I love you more.". Dom sits back in his wheelchair, "That's not possible." He replies.

He reaches for the door handle and opens it up. "Everything alright?" I hear the doctor ask Dom. "For now." He replies in a barely audible whisper.

The doctor comes in and sits behind her desk. "Okay so, I'm pretty confident in saying that you have a break up here," she points to the area but on her own chest. "it's likely that you have some bruised ribs too. There's not really any treatment for bruised or broken ribs other than pain killers, rest and limited movement. And it doesn't make much of a difference whether you've broken 1 or 5, so I won't continue examining them." She says with a warm smile.

"We should probably get you cleaned up though. And we need to get those fingers wrapped." She says as she goes into the cupboards behind her.

"I'm going to start with your head, so if you can sit up for me." She says wheeling a small table next to the bed. She slowly pulls me up, I turn so my legs are hanging off the bed. She helps me put my shirt back on as Dom hops to the bed and sits with me. His soft skin touches my bare thigh, I instantly feel safe.

The doctor sits on the other side of me, "Look towards Dom for me," I turn to face him, his gorgeous face staring right back at me. "This is going to sting quite a bit." she says.

Dom keeps his hand on my thigh, I place my hand on top of his. I keep focused on his sparkly green eyes.

I feel the doctor move my long hair out of her way before a cotton ball dowsed in antiseptic is pressed against my skin. I squeeze Dom's hand.

"You're lucky, you don't need any stitches. Just make sure to clean it twice a day with antiseptic. And don't use shampoo or conditioner for a few days." She says as she throws the cotton balls in the bin.

"You're gonna have to see my greasy ass hair" I say to Dom, laughing slightly. "I couldn't care less about greasy hair, are you joking?," he laughs. "Look at this fuckin' mop." He shakes his head and fluffs it up with his hand. Some of it landing over his face. I smile at him as i fluff it up too.

The doctor wheels her desk chair in front of us, using the handle to raise it up to mine and Dom's level. She soaks a few cotton balls before placing all but one on some paper towels on the small table.

She begins wiping the dried blood from my face. "This is probably going to sting again. Sorry." She says as she begins cleaning my nose, going over the cuts.

Dom rubs my leg as I try to ignore the pain. "All done." She says, wheeling her chair in front of Dom. "I might as well clean you up too.".

She begins cleaning Dom's face up, his leg bouncing gently. "Your nose is definitely broken too." She tells Dom as I laugh quietly, "We're matching!" I tell him.

"So I'm going to book you in for an x-ray for your ankle and hand, just to make sure." The doctor says to Dom before moving back to me.

"Let's get those fingers strapped up shall we?" I nod as I place my hand on the table. "I like your tattoo, it's so simple." She says, smiling. I lift my right hand up, showing her the other tattoo.

I turn to look at Dom, he lifts both of his hands up to the doctor. "You got them done together?" She asks as she begins strapping my fingers. "Nah, she copied me." Dom quickly answers. I pout as I turn to him. "Hey!".

Dom laughs as the doctor finishes strapping my three middle fingers together. "Leave them wrapped for 2 weeks and they should be sorted." I nod and smile.

//

We finish up with the doctor. She wheels Dom back to his bed, I walk slowly besides them both.

I sit down on the edge of the bed. "Get some rest y/n, you really need it love." Dom says as I lean down to hug him. "I'll try." I say as I lean away. The doctor takes Dom for his X-rays, I wave as he gets taken away. He blows a kiss just before leaving the ward.

I move myself higher up the bed, reaching for the remote to lift the back up higher. I slowly lean back on the bed, basically still sitting upright.

⚠️ mild trigger warning regarding sexual assault and mental health ⚠️

I know I need to rest. But every time I close my eyes I just see him. I feel his body on mine. I panic and my chest gets tight. I just feel so guilty. This is all my fault. Dom would be so much better without me. I don't deserve him.

I pull the covers over myself, I know I'm not going to be able to sleep. I just don't want to fall into my old ways. I made myself so ill last time, last time I managed to pull myself out, but I'm not sure I'm strong enough to do that again.

I tried to hold back but tears started streaming down my face, landing on the pillows.

I fight closing my eyes. My body's tired, and I know it. I can't shut my eyes.