39 ~ The Dress

July 8th, 2019

I gasp, my jaw hangs open as I see where we are. We are outside of a prom dress shop.

"I told you we'd get it sorted didn't I" Dom says, walking towards the door. He pulls it open, letting me walk in. Racks and racks of dresses line all of the walls.

We're greeted by a friendly woman, "You must be y/n" the woman asks as I nod. "So the way we normally work this, is you go around look at them. Grab maybe 5 or 6 you like, try them on and just keep doing that until you find ones you like."

Me and Dom look around the racks, I'm overwhelmed and don't even know where to start. Dom heads straight to the pink section, pulling out a hot pink dress covered in lace. I frown slightly, "Pinks really not my colour, it makes me looks so pale.", "Please, for me? Just try it, you might like it." Dom urges as he hangs it up in the changing room.

We continue walking around, browsing at the dresses. "I don't want anything strapless. There's no way it'll stay up, my boobs just don't look good with strapless things." I say as Dom pulls out a grey strapless dress. He laughs putting it back on the rack.

After we've found some, I begin trying them on. Dom comes in with me and helps me do the zips and buttons up.

I step out into the room, looking in the big mirror. I turn my head slightly as I readjust the dress. It's the pink one. "You know, I'm actually not too mad about the colour," I say as Dom face lights up. "But not this one, I don't like the way it comes out at the waist. It just make me look fat instead of pregnant." I say as I turn to walk back to the changing room.

Dom follows me in, "Y/n, your not fat. Not at all. You're stunning." I turn around so he can help me out of the dress. "I never said I wasn't stunning" I say as he sighs. "That's not what I meant."

Dom shakes his head as he continues unzipping the dress. "What you said out there, about your boobs. Why?" I turn to him, holding the dress still. "I'm just insecure about them. Always have been. I don't really know why, I wish I wasn't but, yeah I just am I guess".

Dom replies by tracing his fingers across my shoulders and collarbones, teasing by running lower down my chest. "Not here," I whisper to him, "later". He nods and turns around as I slip the dress off and get into the next one.

This one has a corseted back, he fiddles around with it, "Y/n I literally don't have a fookin' clue what I'm doing." He says as I turn to look in the small mirror. I laugh as I see the poor attempt. I step out into the main room, the young woman undoes Dom's mess and ties it again.

I turn to look in the mirror, the dress has a high neck, with mesh and crystals coming down my cleavage. The back is corseted, with elasticated ribbon. The dress clings to my body but is still flows down nicely. There's a slit on the left side, going high up my thigh.

A smile creeps over my face as I turn around looking at the back in the mirror. I look to Dom, he eyes me up and down. His eyes finally land on mine. "Y/n, you fookin' amaze me love!"

"This wold be good for you because you wouldn't need to change the size of it, even when your bump gets bigger. Because of the back, it could be adjusted. And it's got some stretch to it too."

"I love it, how much is it?" I ask the woman. She checks the tag and replies "£435" I gasp as I look at Dom. "I don't care about the price y/n, do you want this one? I love it, but do you?" Dom says. "Are you sure?" I ask, shocked.

He walks over to me, "You didn't answer my question, do you want this one?" He asks again. I nod before throwing my arms around him, "Thank you so much! It means a lot," I pull away.

"I love this one but not in this colour," it was a pale lilac. "Could I have it in pink?" I ask the woman, Dom's face lights up.

She walks behind the counter and pulls out a book of fabric samples. "This one's available in these pinks" she says handing me the book.

I crouch down. "What are you doing?" Dom asks, I look up to him. "I want it to match your socks." I explain. Dom laughs, "Really?" He asks.

"Well most couples match the tie to the dress. I want to match with your socks." Dom laughs again as I hold the samples against his socks.

"Darling, you know I could just buy socks in the same colour as your dress right?" I nod as I stand up. "But pink socks are your thing" I say as I walk over to the woman with the right colour. "This one" I say pointing to it.

She writes out the order, "It should be ready to collect in 2 weeks" she says as I head to get undressed.

Dom puts a deposit down for the dress as we leave the store. When we're outside, I stop Dom. I run my hands across his cheek, pulling him into a kiss. "Thank you so much!" I breathe. "Anything for you luv" he says as we get into the car.

"The surprises aren't over yet, the next one's even bigger." He says visibly nervous. My mind starts racing with what it could be. I had no idea. How could it get any better than this?