4-ALLEY WAYS-4

My heart seemed to skip a beat as Larry did this, but I ignored it. Instead, I shoved my hands in my pocket, one arm still hooked with Larry's.

"Hey, we should be carful, there's been reports of a few murders and uh... druggies in this area. We'll pass it quick, though." Todd explained, shivering as a bit of snow started to carefully flutter down. I smiled at this, snow has always been so beautiful. I don't think it gets enough credit.

We talked for a while, enjoying the sounds of crunching snow beneath our heavy footsteps. Suddenly, Larry bent down, scooping up the white snow and chucking it at me. I let out a small 'oof' as I stumbled back a bit, chunks of snow falling inside my mask from the eyeholes.

"Fuck you, Johnson!" I yelled playfully, scooping up the shite powder and throwing it at him. Direct. Face. Hit. He sharply gasped, Ashley and Todd giggling before joining in.

The snowball fight became a war, each of us ducking undercover between alleyways to avoid the cold substance. I giggled as Larry charged at him, tackling me to the ground before planting a large pile of snow in my face. I shook my head, laughing with Larry as he fell beside me on the ground, embracing the cold snow.

I sat up, grabbing a handful of snow and shoving it in his face. He laughed, then shot to his feet and picked up up like a baby- a baby that weighed literally nothing.

"Hey! No! No fair! Put me down!" I kicked my legs, instinctively wrapping my shirt arms around his neck. He maliciously chucked, right before hurrying me in a tall snow mound that covered my entire body like an uncomfortable blanket. I heard the other three chuckling , my vision slightly clouded as I had practically been completely been buried.

Larry reached his hand towards me. I frantically grabbed it, allowing him to pull me out. I shook off the snow, shivering as I didn't have a winter coat like Todd and Ash. Carefully, I untied Larry's read flat from my waist, slipping it on. It was way too big for me, the sleeves hung down past my fingertips while the bottom nearly reached my knees.

"We're gunna head inside for some snacks, you two can wait outside if you want." Ashley smiled, walking away with Todd into a nearby store. I wondered why we'd wait outside in the cold, but then I realized the store was way too small, plus, I'm pretty sure I heard barking from inside of it. Ugh.... dogs.

Larry and I leaned against the stores outside wall, kicking small bits of snow around.

"Come here often?" I smiled, turning and facing Larry. Larry giggled, smiling got brightly. All of the sudden I felt something sharp press again to my back. Larry's expression twisted, fear clouding his gorgeous honey brown eyes.

"L-Look, we have money, take and go.." Larry nervously said, and I, mistakenly turned around.

"Money? How much? Got any weed on ya... maybe some... stronger stuff?" A man in his mid 30's asked, trembling and sniffing constantly. I nervously looked down at the knife he now held to my stomach, shaking as I made eye contact with him.

"N-No sir..." I mumbled, instinctively stepping back. The man looked at Larry, and immediately grew angry.

"You... you have the mark of the beast. You need to leave this town, leave this boy from whatever you're planing to do to him. You're sick, I won't let your sickness seep into him." The man growled, his thick southern drawl making him hard to understand.

Larry, seemed to only growl at this, glaring at the man.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, mister, but you need to leave." Larry's eyes seemed to deepen in emotion, the color drawing in more of an amber look color.

"No... beast. I won't let you take him, so I will." I was so co fused, I hardly had time to react as the man plunged the blade into my stomach, thick red blood seeping from the wound. The man pulled the knife out, causing me to double over before falling to my knees. Blood spurted out of the deep wound, getting all over my hands as I held the cut.

I heard Larry shout, saw the man run, and all I remember before the darkness swarmed my vision, was my best friend trying desperately to pick me up while shouting for help.