36-MUMBLED WORDS-36

I woke up suddenly in bed, the same one Larry and I had slept in. I looked around desperately for Larry, trying to call out for him. When I attempted to talk, it felt like fire was being forced down my throat. Each time I swallowed, it felt like a thousand tiny fire ants marching down my throat.

I panicked as I realized I couldn't speak, jumping out of bed and running out to the living room. I did notice that my mask was on, and I thanked Larry in my mind. As I stood there I noticed the iron tinged taste of blood in my mouth, only a small amount though.

When I burst through the door Larry immediately stood up, running towards me and pulling me into a hug. I felt his shoulders shake violently as he cried into my shoulder. I stroked his soft hair, smiling.

"W-When I saw your eyes roll back after he dropped you... I thought I lost you... I-I thought that I was never young to see you again." Larry cried. He pulled away, gazing at my mask. "M-Maple is gunna heal you... or try to." Larry nodded. I gave a thumbs up, walking with Larry to Maple and Chug' room. We walked in, and Maple gave us a shy greeting.

"Hey, Sal..." she smiled, standing up and walking over to me. She looked at the dark bruises around my neck, gently placing a finger to them. I flinched, but quickly relaxed. "Oh my... I cannot heal these but I know who will. But," she turned on her heel, looking at Larry, "You have to promise that after he is healed that we will fight the MH and end this, once and for all."

"You have my word." Larry sighed.

"Good. They will be here in the morning... I think you'll like her, sal. You two have something in common." Maple smiled going back to her bed and continuing the book she was reading as we barged in. I nodded, walking out to the living room to see the now friendly face of Travis.

"Hey. Larry told me what happened, I hope you're doing ok." He smiled. I nodded, smiling back. I pondered what Maple met when she said that girl and I have something in common...

"Sal! Oh my god are you ok?!" Ashley shouted, pulling me into a hug. I smiled, hugging her back.

"Oh Sal! You're awake! Thank god... I kicked the wolves out, except for Lisa and Larry of course. They sleep in the shed now, I don't want murders living under my room." Ashley's mom, Ava smiled. I nodded, silently thanking her.  Todd walked out of his room, a familiar figure walking out with him- Neil. Todd fluffed his wings out as he saw me, giving me a happy smile.

"Hey, dude. I'm glad you're awake." He smiled, giving me a hug with his arms and wings.

"Sup Salio." Neil smiled, and we quickly bro hugged because were just that cool. It's actually because we don't really know each other all that well, but I'm just gunna go with my excuse.

I hated feeling pitied, but it did feel nice to have everyone I loved around me. Suddenly there was a gentle knock at the door, and a young girl around my age, wearing a respirator mask that covered only her mask, walked inside.