35-THE WITCH DOCTOR-35

A few moments past and Mike decided to walk back into the house. I decided after a minute or so to follow him but was stopped.

"You may have Mike tricked, but you'll never have us fooled you fucking freak." Ouch. I bit my lip, chewing at what little skin was there. They gripped my wrist.

"L-Let me go..." I demanded, only making their grip tighter. "P-Please." I pleaded.

"Now, riddle me this- would anyone miss you if you suddenly disappear? Would anyone look for you?" The boy holding me asked, his eyes glowing a deep yellow.

"Y-Yes. Larry would." My comment earned laughs from the four standing outside.

"Oh boy oh boy. You really think Larry likes you? Oh THAT'S pathetic! He just keeps you around to toy with you. 'Oh, my poor innocent blueberry, what EVER will I do without you when I have MUCH better options that are of MY kin?! Oh boooooo whooooo' !" The boy mocked, turning and pushing me down the patio stairs. "Guess I just threw the scraps to the dogs." He growled.

When I turned to look at the others, two of them had turned. A girl and the boy that pushed me didn't turn, for whatever reason. Once I saw the others who transformed, my heartbeat quickened and my mind raced.

"Stay away from me!" I shouted.

"Aw. A puny little half blood who's afraid of doggy-woggys?" The girl laughed. She brushed a strand of loose, silver hair behind her heavily pierced ears. "Poor little you."

I crawled backwards, panic clouding my actions. The two wolves, still incredibly big, approached me. Their lips rose in a snarl, and their growls sounded almost demonic.

"Toy with him, but don't kill him."  The girl commanded. I let out a loud yelp followed by choked sobs as they pounced. Then, it happened. One of the wolves, the smaller of the two, opened its large jaws and came down on my prosthetic.

It latched it's mouth to my prosthetic, pulling it off harshly and tossing it aside; exposing my whole face. I screamed, louder than I thought I could.

Every single memory.

Every fucking memory.

Every image.

Every image of that day flooded my mind.

"Ohhhhhh dayum! You look fuuuucked up!" The boy shouts. The other wolf approached me, getting its face close to mine. The creatures rancid breath flooded my nose as it opens its maw, placing it over my face. It doesn't bite down, just kinda sits there.

It still scared be, re,index me of everything. I remembered the searing pain as my face was torn off and my eye was ripped out, I remembered watching as the creature disemboweled my mother and left her rotting corpse in the shining sun.

It broke me.

Broke my mind all over again.

I didn't mean to do it... but I did.

A sudden red mist gathered around my hands and surrounded me, then exploded outwards; sending the girl and the two wolves flying backwards with a strength I didn't know I had. They hit the gate so hard it shook, causing all of them struggle while trying to stand. I looked down at my shaky hands, before turning to the boy who still stood on the porch- his eyes now like saucers and his mouth agape.

"What did you do?!" He screamed, jumping off the patio and grabbing em by the neck. I gasped for air, but his grip only got tighter. My vision became spotted, and I wasn't getting any air at all. I mouthed a pathetic 'please'. This made him even angrier, and he gripped my neck tighter, which I didn't even think possible at that point. I slowly rose my hand up to meet his arm, grabbing it and attempting to drain energy from him.

There wasn't much time left.

My eyelids got heavy and my vision was clouded, almost completely black now.

But I was able to drain a bit of energy from him. He looked surprised, and I pushed for more, and that's what he did- he gave me more. More and more energy.

"STOP!" A voice screamed... Larry. As the boy heard this he turned to Larry, still holding me. My arms fell uselessly beside me, and I felt my body go limp.

Just before the darkness took over, he released me. I felt myself fall onto the grassy front yard, taking in very quiet and short gasps of air.

My throat burned, and I knew even as my lungs got the air they craved that I was going to pass out. I saw the body of the boy that was responsible be thrown across the yard, landing hard on the ground.

Larry rushed over and kneeled beside me, tears staining his perfect face... then... the darkness came, and it swallowed my mind.