32-WHY NOW-32

I entered apartment 402, sighing as I saw my dad sleeping peacefully on the couch. It was nice to see him in one piece- and the house didn't smell like cheap beer. I decided to write a note for him, one that explained everything.

It read as follows:

"Dear father,
I love you. And I want that to be the first thing you hear, er, see while reading this. I have to go away for a while, I'm not sure if I'm coming back anytime soon. But I love you. And I promise when I get back I'll get you help, and we can talk everything through.
I love you, dad.
-Sal"

I sighed, pressing the note to the fridge and walking silently into my room. I packed the essentials then started out the door. I sighed, opening the door and closing it- it felt like I had just died inside a little. Well... I guess I basically am dead? Maybe I'm just undead... I'm not sure.

"Hey. You ready to go?" Travis asked, startling me in the dark hallway. I gave him a nod and he gave me a thumbs up, walking with me to the elevator.

"Weird question."

"Sal nooooo..."

"Do you have horns? O-Or a tail? Ooooooo what about wings?" I asked.

"Uhh... in my demon form? Yes. Am I going to show you my demon form? No. I keep this form as to not look suspicious." He replied joyfully.

"What... happened to you? It was like a switch flipped and now you're really nice."

"SallyFace," he mumbled, turning to me, "what you don't understand is that when you attempt to steal energy from other people, is that they can see... they can sense your worst fear. And yours? Yours was losing Larry. But as I attempted to extract your soul- sorry about that-I did some digging and... your father hurts you. My father hurts me, too... it's awful. It feels awful. You feel empty, like it's your fault. And Sal, it's not trust me." Travis sighed, turning as he spoke the last words and grabbing my hands in his... but, gently.

"Travis... I didn't know. I'm so sorry..." I replied, pulling him into a hug. He hugged back and we stepped out of the elevator, heading to Larry's room. We enter his home, being met with multiple other people. Larry walked out a few moments later.

"Hey... this is the fam." Larry smiled. I nodded, not wanting to make eye contact since... I knew what they were. Plus, they all gave me sour faces, their joyful expressions twisting when they saw me.

"Larry why are they looking at me like that?" I asked quietly. He intertwined our fingers.

"The pack wants what's best for the future alpha... and they know you can't be part of the pack. They hate your kind, they think you're just like a succubus..." Larry replied, sweeping some hair behind my exposed ears.

"I'll prove them wrong. They'll see- I know they'll love me." I smiled.

"Everything ready to go?" Larry suddenly asked, looking at Travis. He nodded. Larry gently lifted my mask slightly and kissed my cheek, warning groans and growls from the other... wolves? Werewolves? I'm not sure what to call them.

Travis, Larry, and I all walked into his bedroom to wait for the others to arrive.