21-HURT ME GENTLY-21

I woke up, stretching. Larry wasn't there anymore, must've gotten up for breakfast. Shame.

There was a soft knock on the door, it startled me a bit.

"Come in." I spoke, sliding on my mask. Justin slowly crept open the door, smiling.

"Morning, sleeping beauty. Breakfast is ready- crepes with fruit and powdered sugar." He said softly.

"Thanks." I smiled. My stomach didn't agree with the thought of food, though. I'll probably just skip breakfast. "Do you mind if I don't eat? My stomach is acting up."

"Of course, you don't have to eat if you don't want to." Just replied, respecting my choices. "And uh.. Sal?" Justin's voice grew serious.

"Uh... y-yeah?" I cursed the quiet stutter that slipped from my lips.

"You're uh... I mean..." he sighed before continuing, "I know you're hurting. I just want you to know: you're not alone, ok? Todd told me what happened with your face and mom. I lost both my parents when I was very young, I just want you to know I know a bit about what you're going through, if you need to talk, I'm here." Just smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

I smiled, the positive emotion visible through my eyes.

"Thanks. That means a lot." I smiled. He nodded understandingly excited the quiet room. I stayed in bed for a few more seconds, absorbing the peaceful atmosphere.

A few moments passed, I began getting rather bored. I decided to just take in surroundings, looking out the window. Seven crows were seated outside the window, cawing obnoxiously at one another. Another careful knock lunged me out of my solemn thoughts. I rolled my eyes before walking over and knocking back.

I heard a giggle, then the door swung open to reveal Larry. The lanky boy seemed relaxed.

"Sup, SallyFace." He smiled. I blushed lightly.

"The uhhhh... ceiling?" He stated blankly at me until he laughed a bit.

"That was gay." He smiled. I crossed my arms.

"No homo, now it doesn't count." We both burst out laughing, I swear we can laugh at the most random things. "So what's up?" I asked. He sighed.

"So, uh... how're you feeling?" He asked sincerely. I smiled.

"Is everyone just talking about me not feeling well out there? Just just came and checked on me." I laughed. Larry grew weary, tensing up.

"He did? What'd he say?" Larry asked. I shrugged.

"Just that I could talk to him anytime, that he's there for me and understands what I'm going through." Larry rolled his eyes.

"Bullshit... he said that when I lost my dad but now he just gets sour at the mention of the subject." Larry replied, shaking his head.

I put a hand on his shoulder, then smiled.

"Well... you don't need him. You can talk to me about anything. No matter what." I smiled. He smiled as well, pulling me into a hug. It was quick, but it was nice.

"Thanks, dude." He mumbled. I nodded. His face got serious. "I uh... I hope I didn't give you the wrong impression. Ya know... last night? I'm not... uh I'm not gay." My heart sunk a little, but I managed to fake a smile and give a thumbs up.

With that, we walked outside.