50-TRIAL-50

(A/N this chapter is gunna be between Sal's and third persons POV. I think you'll catch onto which is which)

I smiled, looking around at the grassy field laid out in front of me. I'd seen it many times in my dreams, but it never seemed as peaceful as now.

Sal was lifted into the ambulance, blood pouring from the wound in his neck. 

I smiled at the beautiful woman that sat in the golden sun, her blond hair swept neatly behind her shoulder.

"Would you like to let the dog, Sal?"

"Mr. Fisher? Mr. Fisher stay with us! Oh god, his heart rates dropping!" A paramedic shouted, looking frantic.

"Is that a bad thing?!" The bluenetts boyfriend shouted.

This always happened, but this time... it was different. I could tell her no thank you, I court control my actions.

"No, I think I'll stay here... with you." I smiled. I was free.

"Very bad Mr. Johnson, very bad!" A paramedic shouted back, readying up a defibrillator. Not that there as much use in it, but they were at wits end and had to try something.

My mother smiled, her eyes glinting in the sun rays. I smiled back and she placed her hand over mine.

"Oh, Sal. I love you so much, son. The man you've grown into...everything." She sighed with content, giving my hand a gentle squeeze before returning to her sun bathing.

Larry's eyes were puffy, and extremely red from crying. When he called the boy he had fought a freak, Sal got mad and walked away. Larry thought the boy had assumed he was talking about him, which worsened his guilt.

I looked at the fluffy clouds, smiling wide as I put my hand to my face. No mask. No scars. Freckles lined my porcelain skin, small sun kissed left as a reminder of my childhood. I had freckles when I was younger... but now, I was grown, and happy.

Larry began crying again as he thought about his boyfriends possible death, he didn't want him to die. Especially at such a young age, and thinking that Larry hates him.

"Mom? Where do we live exactly? I seem to have forgotten." I smiled, looking over at her still figure.

"Hmm? Oh, New Jersey, hun. We've lived here since you were a kid, how could you forget?" Diane grinned.

"Yeah, heh... sorry. Brain fart." I smiled back, wrapping a strand of wavy blue hair around my finger.

"Sally, please... if you're in there, please wake up. I love you so much, please come back to me!" Larry cried, his sobs and wails echoing through through the small hospital room.

"Mr. Johnson? Sal Fisher has a visitor, he seems to be a young boy.. would you mind if he came in?"

I looked at the man approaching us, my father, Henry. His beard was cleanly brushed down, and he looked quite nice.

"Sorry I'm late, work held me up haha. How're my two favorite people in the world doing?" He smiled, bringing my mom and I into a group hug. It felt so nice, I want it to last a lifetime.

"Go ahead..." Larry mumbled, hanging his head. The boy from the alleyway walked in, twirling his thumbs nervously.

"Is he ok? He tried to help me, but when I heard shouting I ran to the gas station just like he told me." The young boy smiled sweetly.

"Wait.. so this.. this is your fault.." Larry growled, turning his head to get a good look at the boy.

"Sal, I think it's time to go back. People are getting worried." My dad smiled sweetly. Without thinking I nodded, standing with him. My mom stood too, and as we approached a door, which looked to be connected to a shack, I felt her stop me.

"W-What.. no, sir, no sir. I didn't mean no harm by it, swear!" The boy nodded, a wholesome expression plastered on his face.

"He thought... I mean.. he doesn't even know you, why would he help you? Jesus, SallyFace..." Larry mumbled, mostly to himself.

"Sal.. if you go through that door I won't see you for a very long time, but if you do.. I think you'll make a few people very happy." My mom smiled, a small tear dancing down her cheek.

"What? No, I wanna stay with you!" I shouted, pulling her into a hug.

"Think about it first, son. Yeah, you love me, but is there something you're willing to give up completely to live in this field forever? Are you sure, hun?" Diane smiled, placing a hand on my cheek. Tears formed from BOTH my eyes, and fell down my freckled cheeks.

I thought about it for a moment, then heard far off sounds, like a voice talking. Who's voice... the answer was in the top of my tongue, but I couldn't place it. Lex? Harry?

Sal's heart monitor slowed, the rate dropping to an unhealthy amount. Larry began panicking but shook the thoughts from his head as he felt the little boy slip his hand into Larry's.

"I hope he'll be okay..." the little boy muttered. Larry knew right then and there he'd do anything to protect this child, and he pulled the kid into a hug.

"Me too, bud."

Larry.

It was Larry.

And.. I loved him. Or... do love him.

"I... I have to go, mom... I love you so so so much... please... take care of Maple for me. And introduce yourself to mike." I smiled, a waterfall of tears falling down my face. Just as I spoke their name they walked towards us, smiling.

"Hey, Sal. Please, say hi to Chug for me..." The shy girl smiled, pulling me into a quick hug.

"Make sure the wolf pack doesn't get too soft on me! Heh.. thanks for the win, kid." Mike grinned, his voice loud and energetic as he gave me a bear hug. I cried more, we all shared one last smile then I turned to my mother. My beautiful, beautiful mother.

"I love you, mom. I love you more than you'll EVER know. I hope we can meet again soon." I smiled, pulling her into a hug.

"It's time, Sal." I heard my dad say. I turned towards him, and with tears in my eyes and s smile in my face, I walked through the door.

Sal's eyes shot open, and he quickly sat up.