49-MISTER?-49

I sighed as rain softly patted my mask, making me flinch each time it hit. I felt so tired but I knew I couldn't sleep... Then, from a distance I heard someone. It sounded like they were crying.

I slowly got up, walking towards the noise.

"H-Hello?" I stuttered out. I rounded the corner to find a little boy with fluffy navy blue wings and curly hair crying. "Hey... hey bud, you ok?" He jumped as he heard me speak, turning around revealing his tear stained cheeks.

"I-It's mommy and daddy! The bad men h-hurt them..." he pouted, letting out sobs. I rushed over to them and hugged him close... I don't know why, but u felt like he needed protected. He seemed strong but everyone needs to be weak sometimes.

"Hey, it's ok! Look at me, can you take me to them?" I asked, my eyebrows knitting together in concern. He faced me, his moon grey eyes locking onto mine.

"O-Over there..." he stuttered, pointing to a different alley.

"Alright... listen to me. Hide right over there so you can't be seen, and wait for me to come back. If I'm not back here by the time you count to 300, run out to the gas station down the street, ok?" I took in a deep breath.

"I can count to 400!" He smiled innocently.

"That's awesome, bud... alright, you know the plan?" I asked. He nodded, w,asking over and hiding behind a trash can. I heard him faintly start counting, and I smiled under my prosthetic.

Carefully I crept towards the alley, paying attention to my surroundings. I peeked around the corner, finding three pretty buff looking Chad's surrounding two (probably dead) bodies.

"Hey!" I called out, stepping into the alley and scowling. They turned, their faces morphing into frowns.

"What?" One asked, his voice more a snarl than anything.

"Leave them alone!" I shouted, taking another step forward. They all laughed. "I'm not joking!" I growled.

One of the men shook their heads, then whistled. I felt someone grab my hands behind my back. I panicked, struggling, but as I struggled they rode my hands farther up my back and tightened their grip.

"People like you always try to be the hero. It's always the freaks that wanna saaaaaave the day. Well let me tell you something... you're useless. No one, will ever love you. NO ONE will ever caaaaare." The biggest guy mocked, waving a taunting knife in front of my face.

"Let me go!" I shouted, struggling even more. I yelped in pain as they forced my arms further back, feeling a pop come from my shoulder.

"Awww... the hero can't even defend herself!" A man with green hair laughed.

"I'm a boy!" I shouted, head butting the man behind me. He tumbled back, holding his nose that gushed with a thick red liquid. The one with the knife attacked, slashing it in my direction. I shouted as I felt the blade slice through my arm, but didn't back down.

He grabbed my arm, so I grabbed his and smirked. He looked confused when I did this, but I saw the gears turn as a red mist surrounded us.

"He's one of them!" He cried out. The man dropped to his knees, too weak to hold himself up now. In a mocking way I kneeled down next to him.

"Who's the weak one now, hm?" I whispered in his ear. Just as I was about to finish him off I felt something smack against the back of my head, causing me to fall to the ground. I held my head, groaning in pain as a blurry figure stood over me.

The figure slowly rose what I assumed was a 2x4 over his head, and just as he started to slam it down, he was tackled by something.

"What the hell?!" I heard one of the men shout. My vision swam in and out of focus but I managed to stand up, my head throbbing with pain.

"L-Larry?" I asked, gazing at the fighting figure in front of me. I scrambled to my feet not what him to be left to fight four men all alone. I swung at one, clipping him right in the jaw. I winced in pain at my shoulder, struggling to regain balance with my wonky vision.

Eventually, there was only one big guy left standing. I charged, Larry shouting my name as I did so. I ignored him, tackling the guy to the ground and straddling him. I wrapped my hands around his neck, smirking.

"G-Gotcha..." he grinned, pulling out a switch blade. My eyes widened as he put the blade to my knife, dragging it across my neck.

I choked, sputtering out blood. There were sirens in the distance, and I felt Larry wrap his hand around my shoulders, bringing me into his lap and cradling me. He let out choked sobs, holding me close to him and gently holding my neck with his free hand.

Blood spewed onto his shirt, the ground, and all over me. The cut.. I'm not sure if it was deep enough to be fatal, but I don't know. I don't know because I didn't go right away, but... I'm having trouble seeing. Black specs are forming around the corners of my vision and I keep choking on my own blood.

As I took one more ragged breath before the darkness consumed me, I heard Larry let out a shaky "I love you..."