30-MCSCUSE ME-30

Ashley walked over to the windows and closed the blinds, then very slightly dimmed the lights so the room was encased in darkness.

"Ok... ok... uh, Todd.. punch me in the face. Really hard... just... punch." Larry said, shaking his arms and taking a deep breath in.

"What?! I'm not gunna punch you!" Todd retorted.

"Todd, dude. I'm not fucking around. Punch me in the face. It's the only way I can make the transformation." Larry replied. Todd shook his head, but balled up his fist. Todd craned his arm back, then released it as hard and fast as he could, sending his fist flying into Larry's jaw.

The punch connected, and Larry's head jerked sideways.

"Again!" Larry shouted, and Todd obeyed. Everyone got antsy, which eventually turned into everyone screaming. I couldn't really see what was happening, but Todd back off quickly as Larry started groaning in pain. Agony, maybe? I couldn't see what was going on, as people were crowded around Larry; and, well... I'm short.

Then, everyone started to back up as Larry let out a deep guttural growl. Once I was able to finally see Larry, my heart stopped- is that even Larry? Everyone else is here, but him. I did a headcount- everyone was there but Larry.

My heart started beating incredibly fast as I stared into the deep yellow eyes of the same type of creature that killed my mother. Tears danced down my scared cheeks as my one good eye searched the room. I stepped back as the thing that stood before me, the thing the size of a lion or bigger with wolf features began growling.

I stumbled over something as I backed up, but was able to catch myself using the wall. But that meant I was trapped, cornered... he had me pinned against a wall and I couldn't escape.

The beast stalked closer, snarling still. Once it got even closer, its expression softened and it stopped bearing its razor sharp teeth. The beast sat down in front of my, wagging it's tail.

I still didn't care, and reacted irrationally, reaching out and hitting him pretty hard on the nose. I didn't mean to, and I immediately felt really bad as he let out a startled yelp and whimpered, cowering backwards. I tensed up, crawling on top of Larry's dresser.

Memories of my mother flooded my mind...

Smile...

Dog...

Screaming...

Red...

Guts...

Death.

"I'm sorry... I'm so fucking sorry that I'm like this..." I cried, hurrying my head in my knees as I wrapped my arms around my legs. I closed my eyes shut as tight as I could, until I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder. I looked up,  locking eyes with Larry. The real Larry...

"Sally I'm so sorry... I didn't want to scare you but I-" I cut him off with a hug.

"No. I needed to know. I asked. Thank you... for telling me. I love you, Larry..." I sighed.

"I love you too, Sal..." Larry replied, kissing the cheek of my mask. Everyone around stayed silent, most smiling as they let us enjoy our moment.