The Mesmerized Lan Zhan

Wei Wuxian

As soon as they landed over the huge wide border of the floating island, Wei Wuxian and the Wen siblings watched at the unmistakable Twin Jades of the Gusu Lan Clan, stood at the foot of the long stairs that leaded to the Clan, to welcome them as they had to all the students.

As  Wei Ying look at them, walk toward them, he thought that the rumors had proven to be completely true, because he had never seen a pair of men as beautiful as the two brothers in front of them. They were tall, yet their movements were refined and dignify and although most of the Clan dressed in white, like one of them, the clothes were elegant and fitted perfectly to their owners. They were pristine white and blue, and there was even a certain radiance about them that make them look even more surreal.

One of the brothers, had a very gentle and charming smile. He was wearing a white and blue robe that really seems to suit him. He had an air of been the caring warm type, which he assumed was the elder brother and current Leader of the Lan Clan. The other was dressed all in white of fine robes, the best quality and he really seems to catch the light from their surroundings. He was handsome, with a beautiful face that looked to be pop out of a masterpiece painting of  what should be the perfect youth that many woman dream about, yet with an unreadable expression and penetrating gaze. Certainly, the younger Jade.

He could understand why women fantasize about the brothers so much, they were extraordinary fine men, with straight posture, graceful movements and proper manners. They were the Prince Charming of any women fairy tale, but that was for them. For Wei Wuxian the impact about the brothers was different, as his eyes fixated over the younger Lan, almost in a staring contest with the serious young man. There was something about him that picked Wei Ying's curiosity and make his heart beat faster with anticipation. It was like the younger Jade was casting silent challenge that Wei Ying knew he would not be able to resit.

He could tell, the young man was strong, very strong, which was a kind of challenge he wanted to test when given the time and opportunity. He had always wanted to test his abilities, his inventions and mastery of the sword with others that may be stronger than him. It was not like there wasn't anyone in the east capable to defeat him, because he had been beaten by two in multiple times, but then again Zilin was not exactly normal (he was damn ancient, a legend of his own) and Wen Qing... well, she was a healer monster that knew inside out every single bone and muscle of your body, not to mention all your acupuncture points to make you suffer in endless ways. He suddenly shudder as Wen Qing slide down her eagle while staring at him.

"And you said I was going to melt? Look at you, Oh great Wei Wuxian, you are drooling at the sight of the younger Jade. Is it love at first sight?" Wen Qing whisper to him, as the brothers approached them and Wei Ying smirked.

"You wish... he is my new challenge." He whispered back.

"Oh, so it's called like that these days? Good luck, love bird." Wen Qing insisted, smiling.

"Hey, it's not like that..." Wei Wuxian begin to refute, but at that moment the two brothers reached them and bowed formerly to greet them, thus they bowed back in return as per the common courtesy, ending their small bickering.

"Welcome to our Gusu Lan Clan, we are glad you made it in time. It must have been a long trip from all the way to the east, you can have some rest and refreshment now, before the initiation ceremony." Xichen said first, with a gentle voice that make Wen Ning smile. It felt like a kindred spirit and Wen Qing feel it like that as well.

"Thank you, Lord Lan Xichen. We have the invitation you sent us. I am Clan Leader Wen Siyu's daughter, Wen Qing and the one by my left side is my brother Wen Ning. We are most grateful for your kindness." Wen Qing said, while presenting the Wen's invitation to the gathering, although it wasn't necessary, because only those with the invitation could cross the Lan Clan's shield, yet Xichen took it gracefully.