Plots And Secrets

Wei Lao

"Didn't I told you he was unruly? Sneaking on us while using concealing talismans and those little devils he makes with human shape that can't be seen in the darkness. He is too smart for his own good." Lao said to his wife, as they check Wuxian's empty room.

"Dear husband, he learn to make the best talismans from you and also, you were unruly too when his age." She simply said, which make Lao rolled his eyes.

"Those were easier times and my life was not at risk. Don't try to justify his actions. He knows he is a target and yet he dares go and offer himself along with his untamed team to the hands of his enemy." Lao said as he went out of his son room.

"Master Lao, they are using eagles to go to the south." Zilin said.

"Damn brat, I told him they are not pets! Call them back and tell them they will face my rage if they refuse." Lao demanded and Zilin pass the message to Suibian, but the other spirit simply cut him off.

"They are not coming back Master." Zilin said.

"Oh? Just you wait, Wuxian... I will prepare a particular nasty punishment for you and your group." Lao whisper as he leaved his son's pavilion and sent Zilin to wait for the troublemakers to come back to the cliff from where he was sure they had departed. It was a favorite spot of his troublemaker son.

"Don't get too angry, he is saving one of our biggest allies and you were planning to go there yourself." Sanren said.

"Me, yes, is not like they are after me, our Wuxian is another matter. He is young and reckless and he is corrupting my perfect son in law, as well as the heirs of the other Clans. Aren't you worry they will capture him?" Lao asked a bit suspicious. His wife had sacrifice seven years of her life trying to protect their son, so why was she speaking for him now? She should be as worry and angry like himself, or perhaps even more.

"Not in the least. My two darlings are very strong and so are the rest of the Clan heirs. They had improve so much in such a short amount of time. This is an opportunity to prove themselves and also prove that they had not been lacking while in here. You know a lot of cultivators thinks less of us just because we don't have a renumbered name. Also, Nie Mingjue must be saved by our Wuxian if we want to keep him happy and safe in his future." She said smiling.

"What do you mean? Did you talked about this with your mentor, the seer?" Lao asked, now more curious.

"Of course, otherwise I would be on my way to the south myself right now. Just think about it, having the ability to use Chenqing is no small matter, even when very few people know our Wuxian and Wen Ning's secret, it may cause others to want to try to bring him down for fear that he may become too strong. The Jin Clan for example may try to either use our son or try to lead a campaign to kill him under the excuse he may become like Yin. However, with Mingjue owing our son his life, with the Lan Clan politically tied to us for our cute sons romantic relationship and the Jiang siblings as their oath brother and sister, what can the likes of Jin Zixun can do against him all on his own? Not even Jin Zixuan will support him, if he really ends up marrying Jiang Yanli." She told him and Lao finally relaxed and laughed, giving his wife a kiss.

"My dear wife, you really never ceased to amaze me. You are right, of course. Things could get really hard for our son if cultivators find out the secret of his control over dark energy. He doesn't know it himself yet, so it will be best if he forge strong ties with the main Clans before his secret could be exposed. It's been hidden for such a long time that I tend to forgot about that. But if the balance is restored, no one but us will ever know." Lao said with hope.

"My dear husband, there is no secret that will last forever. It's quite possible the group of chosen will find out too while in the Burial Mounds." She remained him.