A Hint Of Family

Lan Zhan

The next few hours, father and son were transfixed into Wei Ying's notes, sharing opinions, insights and doubts about their findings. At the end Lord Wei had told Wei Ying that he will make a deeper investigation on his own, along with Xichen and other Clan Leaders. That because he too had find some things strange and was not willing to act in a rush, when they were many fact still unknown. Bichen and Suibian remained outside watching for any kind of intrusion as what they were talking was not to be hear by others and specially that one spy that seems to lurk around undetected.

Wangji had heard them talk for the last two hours, with only one thing certain. The threat to the Clans was real, Lord Wei had known of it for years, however, whatever the finding of the barriers with puppets corpses was a luring trap or a chance to turn thing around was not clear yet, but he planned to discuss it with both Xichen and Lord Zheng in the morning and then head out to visit the ruins and see for himself what took place there.

At the end he was glad that Lord Wei was now taking charge of the investigation and analyzing the talismans and corpses, as it leaved Wei Ying out of that dangerous mess, especially when he was already a target, thus he will remain in the safety of the islands until a decision was made. He admired the way father and son understood each other and worked together in such harmony, to a point, sometimes they didn't need to say words, just a glance was enough to know what the other was thinking.

Lord Wei, then leaved to rest in one of the guest room his brother had already prepared for him and his companions. He also said to Wei Ying that in the morning he may had a pleasant surprise that will keep him busy for a few days. Knowing it was probably Ah Yuan, Wei Ying was even more delighted, thus after the sliding door was closed behind his father back, his overly happy boyfriend wasted no time to once again jump on him to kiss him senseless for who knows how long.

"Lan Zhan... my Lan Zhan..." Wei Ying whisper, as Wangji put him down, a while later, long after the two swords spirits keep watch outside, murmuring to each other in what sounded like the roof, leaving them on their own.

"Happy?" Wangji whisper.

"Ah, yeah... I'm sure father bring Ah Yuan with him, so tomorrow you will meet your brand new son." Wei Ying smiled.

"I will do my best." Wangji said a bit uncertain and Wei Ying laughed at that.

"A Yuan is quite something, but a serious new father will do him good... now come. Let's get some rest while we can. I had the feeling the coming days will be very busy." Wei Ying said as he walked backwards while pulling his lover to their bed.

When reaching the border, Wei Ying fell with Wangji right above him. He then pass his arms around the happy Lan Zhan and kiss him over and over, before Wangji's time to rest came. Then they lay side by side in each other's arm for the rest of the night.

The next morning, after some meditation early on, Wangji wake up his lover and take him to the Crystal Lake, to take a bath and make Wei Ying balance his energies once again before going back to their room. An hour later, there was a joyful voice coming closer to their room and Wei Ying was instantly out to take the small kid approaching in his arms. This time, it was not Lord Wei who showed up with him, but a woman. Wei Ying introduce them both to him, first, the middle age woman, called Wen Jin. She was from the Wen Clan, and sister to Wen Ning and Qing's father.

Her position in the Wen Clan was high, but her heart was very tender, especially with little Ah Yuan. Wangji bowed respectfully to her, who probably came along with Lord Wei to discuss the more serious matters happening in the north. Then it was the time to introduce the little smiling kid in his arms.