A Dangerous Night

Wei Ying

Fooling his father was no easy task, even if he had said so to the others. It was true he had done it before, but really fooling his father vigilance require his best work and masterpieces. However, he was a genius and so he worked on the talismans he needed with efficiency and speed. While he worked, he made Lan Zhan change clothes, as his white ones will caught the attention of both allies and foes alike and giving the dare situation he agree.

Thus, Wei Ying was momentarily distracted when his Lan Zhan went naked at his side, as he liked to admire that hot body none stop, yet this time he didn't have the luxury to droll over it. If everything went well, then he may had a chance to undress him again and be loved by him like almost all nights in the past month.

In a way it already felt like they had been together for years, instead of a short month. For the people of the east, they were married, even if they had not done it officially. That was because his mother had insisted that sharing a room with a lover was equal to be married, whatever there was an official record or not. She loved her handsome and serious son in law and no one was going to deny her of been related to the two Lan Jades whatever they want it or not.

Xichen was also a favorite of hers and she was quite pleased with  the way he had given Wangji the freedom his own parents were deny it. There was still the issue of the Wei's heir, as the darling Yuan was to become a Lan by his own choice, but they will figure that out later, as Ying was still a youth and they could also adopt another kid, as Wuxian will never cheat on his lover, not even to have a heir, which she agree.

Fifteen minutes later, Wei Ying secretly sent man shaped talisman to the members of the team that sneaked between pavilions under his father's watch in the middle of the night. They went in and once inside their rooms, they became short letters with instructions of what to do next and the necessary talisman that will teleport them directly to the land of eagles.

Ten more minutes and they all used the provided talismans simultaneously and teleported several miles away from the main Clan. The place they had teleported to, was the one in which Wei Ying had jumped to get his eagle to go to Gusu. They were teleported a safe distance from the border of the cliff and once Wei Ying make sure they were all there, dressed in black as well, he distributed a second set of talismans to conceal their presence.

"Hum... Wei Wuxian... how do we do this? It's not like we had ride eagles before." Mianmian asked and Wei Ying whistle a few times. Because they were at the top of a cliff, the whistle seems to be lost in the air that went above a vast valley below them, but a few minutes later, as he was giving the group instructions, a few big figures could be seen in the distance.

"Alright, they are here. Just hang in there, it's not all too different from riding a horse. Huaisang, you stay here and be sure to use the talisman I gave you to warn us if someone from my Clan comes to this cliff looking for us." Wei said to him, as the eagles' approached the cliff.

"But I want to go too!" He protested.

"No you will not, that is my condition to help you out. You are too emotional right now and will not keep your cool in whatever its happening in there. I don't blame you, because I would be the same in your place, but for this to work, we need to keep our wits and see how we can help your Clan the best. Stay here, this is a safe place and Qingfeng will take care of you and let you know how we are doing. The link between spirits it's not bonded by distance, so the others will keep Qingfeng updated." Wei said as the spirit slightly bowed to Ying.

"I will protect him well. Thank you for granting my Master this request. Lord Mingjue will be in debt to you as much as my Master." Qingfeng said and once the eagles landed, he used a bit of his spiritual awareness to make the eagles understand their plan and destination.