The Yiling Patriarch

Wei Ying

"Wei Ying..." Lan Zhan whisper as he saw the huge black eagle approaching to the border of their cliff, as well as a few others in the distance, flying their way with Wei Ying's commanding whistles.

"Don't worry, I don't plan to follow my father and Nie Mingjue back to the south. My father said they will take care of the remaining rogues there, but here in the east, we still have many corpses to deal with, until Yang's core is fixed and they are ready to cleanse the world." Wei Ying said with a smile.

"So... we are hunting corpses in eagles? That's certainly new." Jiang Cheng asked, not sure how they could hunt them from above, as none of them have bows and arrows with them.

"Yep. Hunting corpses while in the move is the fastest way we can clean the surrounding areas." Wei Ying assure them.

"How come? Aren't we too high to hunt them?" Huaisang asked a bit confused as he nervously looked down the very high cliff.

"Once outside the barrier, I will play Chenqing and make the hiding corpses come out and gather them in the forest were the eagles can land on tree tops. Then we hunt them down and easily move to the next area, without the need to walk for miles." Wei Ying explained.

"That's.... not bad, not bad at all, you little genius..." Jiang Cheng said as he tapped Wei Ying's back in approval.

"Jiang Cheng, please don't burst his ego, it's already high enough as it is." Wen Qing told him.

"I bet it can get higher after becoming a Sage..." Zixuan murmur to Yanli, who giggle.

"Both A'Xian and Hanguang-Jun are awesome Sages..." Yanli said.

"Thank you, jiejie. You know... now that you mention it, I need a tittle. Lan Zhan has his Hanguang-Jun, which suits him so perfectly, then... I can be..." Wei Ying begin, as he ponder in naming himself.

"You can be the troublemaker Patriarch. I'm sure that suits you perfectly too." Wen Qing tease him and Huaisang laughed, while Jiang Cheng smirked, as did Song Lan.

"Please sister, he is not all that troublesome... only a little." Wen Ning said innocently, in Wuxian's defense, but that only make the others laugh, because 'little' was not exactly a word that describe his mischievousness.

"I think this place in the east, close to the Burial Mounds was once called Yiling City, centuries ago. If I'm not mistaken, that's how Master Baochan call it. What about the Yiling Patriarch? Does that sounds good?" Xiao Xingchen asked.

"Sound like the Master of the east..." Song Lan added in agreement.

"He is a Sage, so he should be the Patriarch... that's good." Yanli also agree.

"Sounds powerful... like he is." Wen Ning smiled.

"Not bad." Jiang Cheng said.

"Will people even remember where or what Yiling was?" Zixuan asked.

"I'm sure that the seer will spread it, so everyone will know. I think that's why she told Xiao Xingcheng." Wen Qing suggested.

"That's sounds about right. So let's name you with the Yiling Patriach." Mianmian offer happily.

"Hum... what do you think, Lan Zhan? Should I go by the Yiling Patriach? Somehow it had a dark taste to it." Wei Ying asked his beloved. Lan Zhan thought, he was a dark energy Master, so it suit him even better if it sounded imposing.

"Yes. Yiling is your home." Lan Zhan agree, so Wei Ying was satisfy and they mounted an eagle, once again in pairs.

They flew on the eagles outside the barrier and choose a nearby forest. Wei Ying played Chenqing from above, as Wangji have a good hold on his slim waist and manipulate the corpses below to follow the eagles to the chosen place for the ground hunting. With their cultivation level, it was easy for them to jump into the tree tops and go down jumping from the top branches, ready to get rid of the remaining of the dark world.