Puzzle Pieces

Lan Wangji

He had barely slept during the night, as Wei Ying was in pain for most of it. He hated to see him suffer, so he try his best to keep him comfortable, but Wei Ying was in less pain only when he slept half laying over his chest, because his back was still very sore, so he restrained himself for hugging him and put his arms around his neck instead.

When morning came, he carefully slip away from his lover and have a check on Suibian, who was still laying over his bed, as he did last night. Normally he would not be able to stay away from his blade for long periods of time, but Wei Ying had grew in power since he came there and the islands themselves were overflowing with white energy, from which Suibian can take the needed energy to remain out for longer periods.

Bichen had remained by his side, although maybe too tired, because she had fall asleep at the border of the bed, while half grabbing Suibian's hand. He slightly smiled at the sight, because despite them not been lovers, they kind of resemble Wei Ying and himself, caring for one another so tenderly. After covering Bichen with a sheet, he went out to look for his brother, but halfway he found Wen Qing coming to his room.

"Lan Wangji, good morning." She said, slightly bowing to him respectfully and he returned the courtesy.

"Wen Qing, good morning." He said.

"How is Wei Wuxian? I heard he was injured while we were hunting... I try to come last night, but we were restricted after the breach and I was wondering if I can have a look at him now. I assure you, I know his condition like the palm of my hand and will help him heal faster than anyone else." She said with confident in her abilities as a healer.

"Yes, of course. I was going to look for you." Wangji told her. He saw worry in her eyes that mirrored his own, so he guided her he rest of the way to their room and open the sliding door for her. She gently sat by Wei Ying, who was still sleeping and sense his pulse for a minute then slightly hit him in his forehead, which make Wei Ying protest, opening his eyes.

"Ah, Wen Qing... that can kill a man, don't be cruel with me. I'm sick." Wei Ying pouted, which make Wangji smirk.

"As if I hit you that hard, actually I had done it worse, want me to do something more painful?" Wei Ying moved away by impulse, but with his back hurting like hell, he only manage to hurt himself, moaning in pain.

"Serves you right. Now, let me see how badly you were hurt." She said and the next few minutes, Wangji observed as Wen Qing, check on him, his energy and the soreness of his back.

"You were lucky... it could had kill you. I will prepare you an ointment to ease the pain and help you heal faster. You most rest for the coming days and try to cultivate as much white energy as you can. You are still a bit unbalance." She said as she stood.

"What about Suibian?" Wei Ying asked.

"Senlin..." Wen Qing whisper and her spirit came out of her sword, took out her hat and slightly tapped on Bichen's shoulder, waking her up. She blushed as she found herself holding Suibian during the night.

"Bichen, you take good care of him. Go back to your blade and rest, I will check on him for you, so you don't need to worry." Senlin said and Bichen assented, knowing Suibian was in good hands.

"Thank you. I leave him to you." Said Bichen, bowing to her, then disappearing inside her blade. Senlin, then check on him and smiled.

"Bichen did really good, there is no trace of dark energy on Suibian, he is exhausted, as it's looked like his white energy was half drained, but he is steadily recovering it. He is in deep meditation right now and will be as good as new before the day ends." Senlin said before she went back to her blade.