The Chosen Twelve

Lan Zhan

The next day, Wangji wake up at the usual hour for his morning meditation, however, this time there was a big difference from other mornings, because he was not alone. As he looked at the other side of his room, he saw Wei Ying resting peacefully in his bed. Just by impulse, he got out of it and walked toward Wei Ying, sitting by his side to check his pulse.

Relieved, he found it stronger than the night before, actually it was quite stable and steady as it should normally. The night rest, along with his transferring of energy had greatly help him to recover faster. Closing his eyes, Wangji try to had a feel on Wei Ying's core, which felt odd, but his spiritual energy didn't had traces of dark one, as he thought he it would, giving the fact that Wei Ying had a great amount of it contained inside of a body named Xuanyu.

He was now sure that the seal was keeping the dark energy completely repressed, meaning, he was no threat to anyone as long as the seal was in place and as he saw it, he could tell that such complicate seal with its many layers, will not be broken anytime soon and he was glad for it. Last night, when he had talked with his brother he had also assured Xichen that Wuxian's dark energy was not dangerous and if he had not been accidentally pulled in, he would had never been aware that it presence inside of him.

He thought for a moment about to wake him up, but the Clans were scheduled to gather a bit later, so he let him rest for a bit more. The new training with the immortals was going to be an intense one, especially for the chosen twelve of this gathering, who will train together in a more advanced class.

The remaining invited young Masters will be teach sparely by his brother and uncle and when ready for a more advance training, with the immortals, but that will take a few months at the very least. Wangji moved from Wuxian's bed and sat behind his zither table to mediate and when it was time to leave, he wake up Wei Ying who still complained it was too early (even when it was past seven) and a bit more to having to dress in white.

"Ah, Lan Zhan... why the mourning clothes? White is so hard to keep it clean." Wei Ying nagged as they go out to reunite with the others.

"Nonsense, don't stay behind." Wangji said, as he guided Wuxian around the Cloud Recesses to the main building. When they were close, both of them could hear the unmistakable sound of a lot of loud gossips.

"Did you saw the rankings? Those from the east were taken away last night, but Wei Wuxian is in a tie with Lan Wangji in first place, with both of them reaching level nine. And the Wen's... the first time in here and they are ranked two and three with an eight level each!" Said one cultivator from a Clan Wei Ying  didn't recognize.

"That shouldn't be right. Aren't those from the east wild things? Were they even tested? Lan Xichen said there was another test in a second island, but I think they are making it up... even Nie Huaisang had been selected to the advance group and we all know he is a weakling, that barely reached level seven." Another one said, making Wuxian's blood boil, but before he could said something to defend himself and Lan Xichen as well, Lan Zhan stop him midway.

"I told you to ignore it." Wangji calmly said, walking straight and reaching the gathered crowd with an air of dignity hard to miss. His white energy was almost overflowing, making Wei Ying smile behind his back. He may said to ignore the unjust words, but apparently he was mad, as the other cultivators open a path for him, feeling the cold air right to their bones.

It goes without saying than the gossip die instantly in the moment they saw him. Wei Wuxian was an unknown loser to others, but Lan Wangji reputation was flawless. He was the strongest of that generation and earning his ire was nothing anyone wanted and even less from day one.