Going Deeper

Lan Wangji

Once again Lan Wangji was left to worry about his cultivation partner. He had grabbed Wei Ying before he could hit the ground, noticing that before Lord Yang had touch him, his eyes had become red, which could only mean that Xuanyu was in control of Wei Ying's body before he fainted by the induced power of the godly immortal.

"Lan Wangji, take him to rest, then give him a bit of your energy to stabilize the one inside. If you can reach him, do so and make sure he stay in control. I'm afraid he may fear I will extract him out of  Wei Wuxian, which of course I will not, as he will be needed in the coming task and they are in perfect balance. Also, give the one inside this..." Yang moved his hand and a red and black flute appeared in his palm.

"This is Yin's flute, Chenqing. It is not as powerful as her sword, but it can help you a great deal while you are in the Burial Mounds. Right now, its power is sealed, but the one within Wei Wuxian can undo it once inside the burial mounds and use it to keep the group safe. It will also help you locate Yin and protect you from her madness. The spirit of the flute is also linked to me and once you find Yin, it will summon me and I I'll take care of the rest. " Yang told him and put the flute on Wei Ying's chest.

Yang's words  were soft and hushed, so they only reached Wangji's ears, as the others could not hear a thing of what Yang was whispering, as if the two were surrounded by an invisible barrier. Wangji assented in understanding and Yang smiled.

"My time awake is limited, but I will help you get even stronger along with Lord Zheng. Go now and do as I told you and had some rest after taking care of him as well. Tomorrow, the real training will begin." Yang said finally, sending Wangji along with his precious cargo back to their room.

Immediately, Wangji put down Wei Ying over his bed, noticing that both Bichen and Suibian had been teleported to the room as well. He took the flute from Wei Ying's chest and looked back at Suibian, wondering if the spirit, which was already connected with both Wei Ying and Xuanyu could bring it to the dark energy inside his Master.

"Suibian, can you teleport this inside Xuanyu's seal?" Wangji asked.

"That's a very powerful dark energy flute..." Suibian warned him.

"I know, but Lord Yang wanted for Xuanyu to have it. The power is sealed for now." Wangji told him and Suibian assented and reached for the flute, but his hand was bounce backwards by an invisible force.

"Ah, damn that hur..." Bichen narrow her eyes. "I mean, sorry second Master Lan, but it's not meant for me to touch it." Suibian said instead, shyly smiling at the white beauty by his Master.

"I see... both of you go back to your blades and had some rest. I will take care of Wei Ying." Suibian smiled.

"He is in good hands then... My Lady Bichen, I will take my leave now..." He said, bowing to her first, then disappearing inside his blade. Bichen by the other hand had a visible slight blush on her cheeks before she bowed to her Master and disappeared as well, leaving Wangji on his own. The word 'my' echoing inside her private world.

Wangji then, sat by Wei Wuxian's side and just like he did before, he infuse his partner with his own energy, in hope that Wei Ying will pull him in again somehow, but after several minutes nothing happen.

"Come on Wei Ying, let me in..." Wangji whisper, moving down even closer, almost touching Wuxian's forehead with his own, infusing Wei Ying with more energy, but still failed after a few more minutes of trying. He was about to pull away, when Wuxian open his red eyes, putting both his arms around his neck.

"How can I refuse such a beauty... come on in. You will always be welcome." Xuanyu whisper, almost against Wangji's lips, which make Wangji react hastily moving back in surprise at the same time Xuanyu pull him down and inside the seal and into his inner dimension. He open his eyes in the moment he heard Xuanyu laugh.