Dates And Tribulations

Jiang Cheng

That evening, after Wei Ying and Lan Wangji went out of the training island, the rest headed out as well by the circle portal at the end of the island. Jiang Cheng had walked with Lady Wen Qing toward that circle, trying to master his courage to ask her to stay with him for a bit longer. They had worked so well together, that it was like she knew what he was going to do before he actually did it.

Their setting was not as scary as the one her companion from the east had, but their target fierce corpses were not a piece of cake at all. It took them both so long, even when they had make good progress, but at the end he wished they had been there for longer. Obviously he had come to like her in that short period of time and was too impressed with her to just let it slip off his finger like water. So when they actually reached the end of the island he decided to act now, even if it could be consider fast.

"Hum, Lady Wen Qing... it's such a lovely sunset... do you mind if we watch it in a pagoda back in the main island? We can have something to eat there while we watch the sun hide..." Jiang Cheng asked, really hoping she wasn't too tired to decline the invitation.

"I had to check on my brother..." She begin and instantly, Jiang Cheng's hopes die.

"I see..." He whisper a bit disappointed.

"But I can make some time in about fifteen minutes. Will you wait for me?" She asked back and he smiled brightly.

"Of course, I will wait for you in the north pagoda, inside the plums garden." She assented and used the portal, leaving him with a happy smile on his face.

"She is something else, huh?" Sandu said to him, finally approaching his Master.

"That she is. Okay, you help me set something nice in that pagoda." Jiang Cheng urged him with enthusiasm and Sandu sighed in resignation.

He will never said no to his Master, so he indeed helped him bring some food and adorn it with some pretty flowers Sandu secretly cut from the gardens. Jiang Cheng sat there looking at the sunset for a few minutes, when Wen Qing showed up. He smiled at her and greet her with a respectful bow.

"Lady Wen Qing, I have something for us to eat. I hope it's of your liking. The food here is a little plain, but healthy. Is Wen Ning okay? He wasn't injured in the training, right?" Jiang Cheng asked and sat, after she did.

"My brother is stronger than me. His is fine." Jiang Cheng smiled pleased.

"He is a bit shy..." Jiang Cheng try to make some small conversation, as they eat.

"Our life in the east had not been an easy one." She said.

"Ah, yeah... I mean, Yin is supposed to be there and all... but your Clans are quite strong. The way you took down Jin Zixuan with just one finger was amazing. Never seen it where I belong and my mother is quite strong." She smiled.

"Is the Lotus Pier as beautiful as they said? I have never been there." She asked with genuine curiosity.

"It's very beautiful. The lake is filled with lotus flowers with all the colors you can imagine. At times they look like a rainbow floating in the calm water and we got a delicious soup made of lotus that is famous in our town. We had flowers festivals every now and then and archery competitions to spice things up. Of course we had fighting competitions as well for the Clan members to get the internal rankings. The town is lively all year long, specially at night when you can watch a well done play or buy all kind of stuff in the streets under the light of the lotus lanterns. I'm sure you will like it, if you had the chance to come." He wished.