A Family Reunion Part One

13 Years Later

"Sizhui can you move a little bit faster?" Lan Jingyi asked as he looked back to his best friend.

"Jingyi, we are not supposed to be here. We should be heading to the Lotus Pier for the gathering." Lan Sizhui whisper back.

"This is on the way to the Lotus Pier and it will take just a moment. I want to see if the rumors are true about this abandon town... it was said it had a ghost rampaging inside." The young lad said as he keep walking further in the abandon town.

"If such rumors were to be truth, both of my fathers would had taken care of it by now." Sizhui said.

"Ah, your legendary fathers have better things to do than chase old folks tales. It's just a little bit of adventure now that we got permission to leave the Lan islands to head for the Lotus Pier. Since the roads are now open everywhere, we can make a little detour here and there. It's been a bit boring lately now that there are no more corpses to hunt." Jingyi added.

"We were suppose to meet with Jin Ling halfway to the Lotus Pier too... my fathers can be there in a few seconds no matter how far they are from the Lotus Pier right now." Sizhui keep up.

"Wei Wuxian will not reprimand you for having a little adventure along the way." Jingyi told him as he open a door to a house that make a creepy sound.

"Not my mischievous father, but my serious one will definitely scold me." Sizhui said in a whisper as he looked over Jingyi's shoulder.

"We all know Wei Wuxian will always have his way around Hanguang-Jun. Ah... there is nothing here... I wonder, was this place really haunted?" Jingyi asked as he turned and seen a figure dressed in a black cloak, with a hood that covered his head, he back off and make a low sound close to screaming. Immediately, Sizhui turned and unsheathed his sword, but after hearing the hooded guy laugh his heart out, he simple sighed.

"Jin Ling... you sneaky little brat." Jin Ling laughed more.

"So much for the self-proclaimed courageous brat of the Lan Clan. You are such a disgrace, Jingyi. Sizhui, just stop hanging with this idiot." Jin Ling said, coming closer.

"You little..." Jingyi also moved to grab Jin Ling by his collar, but Sizhui stop him before the two could start another fight.

"Please no fighting, you are both my friends..." Sizhui said in resignation.

"Don't know why you call this noisy brat a friend..." Jingyi insisted.

"Who are you calling noisy or brat?!" Jin Ling asked back angrily.

"Who else but you? I just don't see what's so great about you." Jingyi said.

"I... I'm the Clan Leader's son! The next in line of the Jin Clan." Jin Ling responded with obvious pride, but Jingyi smirked.

"Then again, what's so great about the Jin Clan anyways? The Lan Clan is far better... we even have a Sage." Jingyi said, also with pride, even when such feeling was forbidden in the Lan Clan.

"My mother is sister to a Sage too!" Jin Ling shouted, as he was a well-known hot head and Sizhui sighed, knowing the verbal dispute will keep up for hours if he didn't distract them. Thus, in times like those, he was twice as glad to have one mischievous father, who had secretly teach him a few tricks for such hard times, when both his best friends meet.

As they keep fighting with words, Sizhui took a red talisman with human shape and infuse it with his energy, then release it to the floor and the little thing, soon was breaking havoc in the old abandon house, throwing things as it pleased. The sudden noise distract the two fighting juniors and he smiled just before he yelled...