Master Of Talismans

Wei Ying

They went to the library and Wangji help Wei Ying sit behind one of the tables and as he took out the wicked talisman so cowardly used on his lover, Wangji sent a message to his brother by spiritual butterfly, as he didn't want to let Wei Ying alone not even for an instant.

Wei Ying carefully removed the talisman that was now empty of the wicked energy that almost killed him in a blink of an eye. It was then as he study the thing, that Wangji sat by him, ready to help him with whatever he could need, been a reference text or giving him paper to write on.

After Wangji's message, soon Xichen joined them and after a polite greeting, Wangji told his brother about their theory of an internal attack and that the sudden increase in the fierce corpses in the south, years ago, may not have been just a coincidence, but also an attack to drive away the protectors of the north out of their Clans, perhaps in search of Yang or the location of Yin.

"Lord Xichen, I think it will be good if you bring one of the corpses that we fought to a safe place in town for study. This talisman array suggest that not only black energy was used, but also a curse. It will be wise to send down people you trust to make an investigation around town, discretely asking if there had been people going missing during the last few months or years."

"The attack at the border may not had been a breach in the barrier and the ones crossing it may also had been missing people from the towns turned into corpses with a black magic curse. As I can see it, they had use a special array with a code I can't identify yet. How they manipulated the dark energy, I can't tell. Dark energy is hard to cultivate or manipulate, unless you have a natural attraction to it, like in my case. It's a kind of energy that consume and take over your mind and body, killing you shortly after."

"Actually, the curse is set to activate on contact with a target, transferring the yin energy storage in the talisman instantly to the unfortunate one who gets hit with it. If I wasn't a special case, with dark energy on my own, the curse should had kill me in about a minute or less, as the yin energy run through the veins toward the heart like a poison. Once it reached the heart, it will make it stop beating, giving chance for the curse to turn the dead body into a fierce corpse that they can control like a puppet by the dark magic they set on the talisman that can manipulate the wicket energy that invaded the host." Wei Ying informed him.

"That's quite worrisome. I will take your advice and go down myself to secretly meet with the leaders of the towns. We must stay alert from an attack from the inside as well from the outside. I will let you know if we find traces of the curse on in the bodies we collected and if you find a counter-curse, please let me know." Xichen said to him, bowing.

"Ah, sure, you will be the second to know." Xichen smiled. Yes, Wangji was set in no leaving Wuxian's side, so of course, his brother will be the first to know.

"Thank you, young Master Wei. Wangji, whatever young Master Wei needs in here, you are to give it to him, even if it is in the forbidden section." Xichen said and Wangji stood to deeply bow to him.

"As you wish." Wangji whisper.

"Then, I leave him into your care. I will sent you something to drink and eat soon, so you can stay here for as long as you need without worries." Xichen said, smiling.

"Thank you, brother." Wangji answer and Xichen left.

"So... there is a forbidden part in this library?" Wei Ying asked curiously.

"Yes, just said the word and I will get you, anything you are in need." Wangji said as he sat down in the table next to him. While Wei Ying study the talisman in more detail and make notes of his findings, Wangji practice the talisman he had learn yesterday, the one who could keep their sword spirits out of their blade for longer periods of time. After a few hours, Wei Ying was tired and glanced as the concentrated Lan Zhan and saw a chance to have a wonderful break.