The Black King

Wei Lao

"So, now that you had seen them with your own eyes, the way they act and work as one, can you tell me they are not fit to go to the Burial Mounds?" Lord Zheng asked Wei Lao.

"They are far better than us, I admit. The test had indeed prove that they care for each other, mostly like they are bonded and not only them, the spirits are also the same. Even Suibian seemed to be less afraid of Zilin when defending their group. Nevertheless, they need to grow more before they can even try the skirt of the Burial Mounds. Also, Wuxian needs to master Chenqing in full, otherwise not matter how talented or bonded this young group is, it will not save them and I don't plan to send my sons to their death." Lord Wei said and Lord Zheng arched an eyebrow.

"Sons? I guess you had fully accepted Lan Wangji as your son-in-law, right?" Lord Zheng asked.

"If he is set on him, what else can I do? Besides, the Lan kid is not bad and in fact it will do my son quite good. He is serious and proper, prone to rules and powerful. I have no doubt he will keep Wuxian in balance and protect him if the need arises. I can't ask for a better son-in-law and Sanren like him a lot, not to mention that she likes the idea of stealing a Lan heir from Qiren." Lao laughed.

"Ah yes... Qiren had such a grudge on Sanren for cutting his beard, even if he denies it. He will had a heart attack when he finds out Wangji had fell in love with her son. I can even guess the kids had already married in the Lan way." At that Lao coughed.

"Wait, what? How could they had marry if they are both men? What kind of rule allow that in the Lan Clan? Is it a new one I don't know off?" Lao asked and Zheng laughed.

"It's not an official union, but Wangji gave his ribbon to your son and in the Lan tradition, that's more or less a way to declare his devotion and seriousness of his intention with your son. It's also an unofficial way to said others you had chosen your partner for good and claim him." Lord Zheng explained.

"By the gods, they had just met recently." Wei sighed.

"Nevertheless, it was meant to be. The seer did told Wangji he was going to find his soulmate in this gathering and it was an instant hit for him. They are young Lao and it the time when they are more interested in love. It was the same for you with Sanren back then, although she didn't accept you right away like Wuxian did with Wangji, but circumstances were different back then and these are more troublesome times." Zheng said.

"Ah yes, more troublesome times indeed. I will make sure they are fully prepare to go inside the Burial Mounds, but so you know, I will not sent them there until I'm sure they will be able to come back to us." Lord Wei warned him.

"But of course, it's not like Yang or myself want them killed. They are the future to the Clans, after all." Lord Zheng said and Lao assented.

"True. Still, I will keep an eye in things in the south with Meng Yao and his group. I had a feeling they are going to interfere with the mission of the Burial Mounds and that can be a huge blow for us all." Lord Wei said.

"Sure. We also should make plans of our own, just in case we underestimate that clever fellow. Now, I'm off to teach your son how to master Yin's flute." Lord Zheng told him.

"Teach him well and make sure he meditates after. You know his full story now." Lao said.

"About that, I'm sure Wangji will take care of your son, as he had done so, ever since they met, worry not." Lord Zheng said and after that, he simply disappeared.

Lan Wangji

"Father Zhan, will I be able to play it soon?" Ah Yuan asked to Wangji, after explaining the kid a few things about his zither. Of course, his was too big for little Yuan, but he want him to familiarize with it and the sound of each chord.