The Coming Dark Storm

Somewhere Close The Burial Mounds

Keeping an eye on the seal of the Burial Mounds was more or less a boring job, yet quite necessary for their Clans survival. Each day, a group of cultivators will go up the narrow entrance and check the seal, making sure it was still in place and going strong. They also make sure to dispel the corpses that could randomly gather there wanting to get out.

The day was coming to an end, so the night watchers took over the duty before the coming night, as they usually did each day. No one rushed to go check the seal, they simply took their time to have a look at the seal one more time, as scheduled, as they check on it ten times a day, with five in the daylight and five in the nighttime.

This was so habitually that aside from finding a few corpses trying to get out, they never expect to find more than ten at once, banging over the strong protection keeping their people safe. Thus when the young cultivator finally arrived to the seal, he was utterly shocked to find several dozens of corpses gathering in the small entrance, while the black earth seemed to be covered in black smoke.

"What the..." The young cultivator begin saying, as many corpses started to bang in the invisible barrier at the same time. Judging by the numbers gathered this time, it was quite possible that the barrier will either weaken or shatter.

"Oh hell! Hung! Hung!" The young cultivator yelled as he ran back down. As he did not expect to encounter such scene, he had not go up prepared to warn those in the permanent camp at the foot of the mountain. He ran as fast as his energy allowed him and the others looked up the narrow path, hearing his frenetic calls.

"Send the signal up! The corpses will break the seal! Send the signal up!!" The young man keep yelling and immediately another cultivator was on his feet and took the warning flare to release it into the sky with the black symbol of the Burial Mound exploding high into the sky.

Soon, the emergency signal was sighted by a nearby watching tower, who in turn set its own signal up and the process repeated itself with each watching tower, until it finally reached the warded Clans, activating the emergency seal that took over the previously colorless ward protecting the towns, tainting it with a sparkling black and silver symbol given to the Burial warning.

Wen Siyu, Leader of the Wen Clan was on his way to meet with Wei Lao when he saw the symbol shine brightly high above him, taking him by surprise, as well as the rest of the cultivators that were around doing their daily shores.

"It's the Burial Mounds warning! Look! The corpses are coming!" The people said in panic and Siyu hasted his pace to go find their selected east Leader, now more eagerly than never.

Close to the lover's pavilion, Suibian also saw the shining warning above their town and taking Bichen's hand, he ran back to tell his Master of the warning symbol and that the Burial Mounds was now active and probably about to be breached, but just when they got to the entrance to the garden of their pavilion, Wei Ying open the sliding door and ran out, closely followed by a blushing Wangji.

Their clothes were a bit mess up and more or less barely in place, meaning they had dressed in haste, most probably because Wei Ying had sensed the danger in a middle of doing something hot, then dress out, caring not about doing it properly.

Wei Ying

He had indeed sensed the disturbance inside the Burial Mounds, as he was bathing with his Lan Zhan in the oversized wood tube he found for them to share baths, around a month ago. His Lan Zhan had been kissing him after they had done it twice, when he sense the danger, then sense the activation of the emergency barrier above their Clan.