Fulltime Partner's

Wei Ying

Several hours later, Wei Wuxian finally wake up, feeling tired and dizzy, for which the events taken place in the core testing, were nothing but blurry memories for a few seconds, before they became clear again. He looked around the place where he was lay down and find it different from where they had been guided before for a short rest before the initiation ceremony.

Their room was simpler, just having the basics and the decoration was done with bamboo and earth colors. The room he was in now, however, was more elegant, scented with sandalwood incense. The bed had cloud patterns and had a set of light blues and whites silk curtains with beautiful tassels hanging from the ceiling. There was an exquisite table with an equally magnificent sapphire zither over it. Not too many personal things, but it was obvious that the room belonged to Lan Zhan if he had to judge by the zither resting on the table

It was not surprising really, it was a well-kept and clean room after all, made for someone who liked order. It was quiet and with just a single candle lighted to illuminate the surrounding darkness.

Wei Ying sat over the warm bed, still feeling drained and weak, so he closed his eyes for a few seconds to let the dizziness pass. When he felt better, he removed the covers and try to stand, but his legs felt like jelly and he was about to fall down, if someone had not get a hold on him before his legs could fully give in.

"Wow, idiot... what you did was definitely stupid." A familiar voice protested and Wei Ying looked at the man holding him with a smirk. Suibian was tall and slender, with a dark brown long hair  tied at the crown of his head in a ponytail, dressed in black and silver. His features were of that of a very handsome young man, with a white flawless skin that women's would envy, yet his presence felt powerful and manly, as there was an air of a warrior around him.

"I reached level ten, didn't I?" Wei Ying asked, as Suibian put him back over the bed.

"If you can call that reach it, just five steps in is not enough to retain the level and you fainted like a girl, right after. Your so called Lan Zhan even carry you like you were a precious delicate thing." Wei Ying smiled.

"He did? Ah, damn it! Did I lose this round?" Wei asked having a better look around. The room really suit him, such elegant, yet simple room, all tidy and with a sense of peace, with that magnificent zither over the maroon table, a small bonsai in another table, a few books in another, a big beige carpet under the zither table and a light blue folding dressing screen with a beautiful painting of a lotus pound with a Yin/Yang symbol in the center.

"Don't get too caught up by this Wei Ying, I must warn you, your Lan Zhan knows about Xuanyu now. Somehow, you pull his spiritual consciousness inside you, right in his sealed island." At that Wei Ying became paler.

"That's impossible... Xuanyu's seal is the strongest known in the east. No one else, aside for you and me could reach him, unless released." Wei Yin refuted intermediately, finding hard to believe what his spirit sword had just warned him.

"And yet, you brought him there and not only that, his sword spirit called Bichen was there too, not to mention that Xuanyu was bold enough to even told him your story about your fear of dogs and who he is." Suibian told him all.

"Ah, damn it! Xuanyu, you wicked blabbermouth! Do you want for these high up cultivators to kill me?!" Wei Ying internally asked.

"You have such good taste, Wei Ying. This Lan Zhan of yours, will not do anything against you, I assure you that. I gain nothing in telling strangers that could represent a threat to us about me. I am a part of you after all and if you are killed, so will I. Worry not, things happens for a reason, because I don't think is a coincidence you bring him to me while unconscious. There is a greater force acting up in these islands too and it had involve you for a reason. The Lan's will be more cautious around you from now on, but they will not act against their principles." Xuanyu assured him.