Dual Devotion

Chenqing

In the moment he move out from Wei Ying's dark energy, he knew there was something odd. He could feel the Yin Metal, but the presence of the ones who should be using it was not as clear. The Yin Metal effect range was wide and it looked that some spell was used in order to hide the exact location. He had to give that bastard Xue Yang, that he did a good job in concealing their presence. Ordinary cultivators and spirits would not even notice they were there somewhere in hiding, but unfortunately for them, he was no ordinary spirit and darkness was his domain.

He hide behind a big rock, as there were many of them in that valley and just like Wei Ying had done before, he spread his consciousness from where he stood to further out in front of him in a semi-circle. He concentrate hard in the place he felt the strongest dark energy of the Yin Metal, then harder around the area. The others were distracting the two that were controlling the strings of the game, which make it a lot easier for him to finally find them.

His vessel been a flute, make him more sensitive to sound and he soon find out two voices, behind a big group of rocks and one of them, he was sure belonged to the traitor, Meng Yao. He was going to run their way and fight them both, or at the very least steal away their Yin Metal, but as he hear them talking about Wei Ying, he simply waited, just in case he could find something useful on their hushed conversation.

"They took the bait... aren't you glad we acted sooner? Waiting for them to go find Yin was going to take too long, now, what about if you take them both. Wei Wuxian will not agree to sacrifice his soul in exchange of Rouhan's to transmigrate into his body without someone he deeply cares about. The kid is not here, but his lover is showing off so much, I'm afraid the corpses will not last for long, nor will the tortoise." Xue Yang said.

"Haste is not a virtue. Wei Wuxian is smart, he will not show off, exposing himself without care. What we need to be wary of is Yin's flute Chenqing." Meng Yao explained.

"For what I can see, Wuxian have it in his hand and even has started to play it... this is a good chance to catch him with that wicked sound of yours." Xue advised, already itching to snatch him away.

"Let's wait until they almost finish. Their guard will be lower then. There is something odd in the way they came, it was too sudden and I will like to observe them some more." Meng Yao said as he watched the fight from afar.

"Maybe they used teleportation. The cultivators in the east are all proficient with that and Wuxian is no exception." He insisted.

"No matter how talented Wixian is, a teleportation from that far is beyond his capabilities... unless he reached another level." Xue laughed.

"That brat? At level ten? Ah, come on... not even a genius like me can reach that level in such a short amount of time. The difference between level nine and ten is just like the earth and heaven. Becoming a sage in his way to immortality is no walk in the park and even for Sanren, it will take most of her life to reach that level." Xue added.

"Someone who can use Yin's flute is no ordinary person." Meng Yao insisted.

"Then let's change plans and give me Wuxian to play with and you take Lan Wangji for Rouhan." Xue mocked, but Chenqing had just enough of their wicked plans and he flashed forwards, sending a killing wave toward both of them, only to be stopped by Jiangzia, who sensing the killing intent, go out of his blade and shielded both his Master Xue and Yao.

"Get back Master! Chenqing is here!" Jiangzia yelled as he came to intercept him, giving them time to react, as both spirit engaged in a deadly battle. However, Wei Ying was not the only one that could manipulate dark energy, he could too all on his own, so he moved the dark energy on their feet and try to trap them both on it.