Cleansing The Darkness

Lan Wangji

What take place next, happen so fast that Lan Wangji didn't have the time to process it all before he found himself, along with Wei Ying and his sword spirit, Suibian rolling down a deep ice hole and into another pool of cold water. They had been pulled inside the freezing water by the ribbons of dark energy and he had been forced to let go of his hold on Wei Ying, but just a few seconds later, they seem to have been teleported into a freezing cave most likely bellow the lake.

Both of them rolled down the angled hole that looked like an entrance and inside a more shallow pool of water cover by a white mist. Wei Ying begin coughing the water he swallow when he was unexpectedly pulled in by the lake and Wangji hurried himself to help him stand and check on him. As he help him, he notice Wei Ying was trembling violently with cold and Lan Zhan opted for hug him while rubbing his wet back in hope to at least warm him up, even if it was just a little.

"Are you okay?" Wangji asked a bit worry, because Wei Ying  was actually paler than he should and was holding him back like his life depend on it, which only meant he was either scare, which was unlikely or too affected by the place itself.

"He is not. This place, so full of yin energy is unbalancing his cores." Suibian said coming as he approached them. He slightly bowed to Lan Wangji and smiled when Bichen took her human form.

"What do you mean?" Wangji asked, as he kept Wei Ying securely on his strong arms.

"He means me." The voice came from the man in his arms, but it sounded a bit different, so Wangji let go of Wei Ying to see what he meant, taken aback as he stared at red eyes, instead of Wei Ying's usual dark brown ones. Bichen slightly pushed her Master back and stood in front of him protectively.

"You..." Wangji whisper, putting his hand over Bichen shoulder, to make her move. He knew those red eyes and he knew they didn't mean any harm, for now.

"Ah, yes, I am Xuanyu. Don't worry, Wei Ying will be back soon, he just a bit overwhelmed with the strong energy in here. You can feel it too, right?" Xuanyu asked him and true enough, he could feel the mix between yin and yang energy just by breathing the air inside the huge cave.

So the mystery was half resolves, as the elusive cave had always been bellow the lake or at least connected to it in someway. This meat they were exactly at the center of whatever was disturbing the neighbors for months. This wasn't the way Wangji wanted to find out, because Wei Ying was in no condition to face whatever danger was there and it was unpredictable how the dark spirit inside Wei Ying will do in full control of the young man body.

"Xuanyu, what is this place?" Suibian asked completely unconcerned about the dark spirit possession of his Master body, which at least make Wangji relax a bit. If Suibian was not freaking out about it, there was no reason for him to panic. Perhaps this kind of exchange had happen before between them and if that was the case, then he just needed to let the spirit handle his Master.

"Oh, Suibian, you look so good while wet..." Xuanyu joked, making Suibian mad. Or maybe not, Wangji thought internally.

"Shut up, you pervert." Suibian shouted and Wangji  feel the need to intervene while clearing his throat.

"Don't worry Lan Zhan, you are breathtaking too." Xuanyu said turning to look at him go red in the ears, which make him laugh.

"You, wicked thing don't be disrespectful of my Master." Bichen said, visible furious.

"Ah, Bichen... don't mind him..." Suibian said without thinking and she coldly looked at Suibian who shut up instantly under her hard gaze.

"This cave is ancient, there is history frozen within its walls, both good and bad." Xuanyu said next, becoming more serious.