The Luring Tune

Wei Ying

After the short rest, they resumed their walking, but this time, as the land had been cleansed, they did not encounter more living corpses, so it was easier. They make good progress for several miles, but after a few hours, they found the border of their cleansing and were back to tainted lands and a sea of waiting corpses.

Wangji used his chord assassination mixed with a good amount of white energy to get rid of hundreds of corpses at once, as Wei Ying release his dark energy in order for him to change it back to white. However, as they keep advancing while fighting with so many corpses, even with the combined power of the two seeds, it was getting harder and harder.

Zilin, Suibian and Bichen, as independent swords, create a deadly defense, multiplying the numbers of their swords, killing everything that moved closer, but the corpses also came from above when moving to a more thick dark forest and hell broke loose.

They came from all directions, having no mercy with even more stronger fierce corpses and althought they were still far from Yin, she was scared of them, especially of Lan Zhan's cleansing power. Wei Ying keep fighting anything that try to harm his lover, using both Chenqing and talismans to keep him safe, but things were getting ugly.

At that point, the team begin to get injured and Zidian summon a huge thunder storm up in the sky that roasted a great number of corpses as it came down, only avoiding their group members by a narrow margin. That gave them a breather, but soon after, more came.

"Damn it! Are they endless? Just how many corpses are in this hellish place?!" Jiang Cheng shouted as he killed some more.

"Don't ask for a question you don't want a real answer, because the number will scare you to insanity." Yinse said.

"Ahhh!" Mianmian yelled as a corpse sneak in on her and attack her from her back, wounding her with a long gash across her right shoulder. Hearing her yell, Wen Ning ran toward her and punched the fierce corpse that had attacked her with such force mixed with the remaining white energy from his seal, that its face was utterly destroyed.

"Wen Ning!" Mianmian yelled as another corpse came his way, but Wen Ning strength was also inhuman, thus he kicked the corpse, sending it flying meters away, over some other corpses. Nonetheless, in the chaos, more fierce corpses took notice of Wen Ning's exceeded white energy and try to surround him along with Mainmian.

Still, Wen Ning keep punching them along with his Huanying, who was in his human form and crush them as they came. However, Mainmian was beginning to fell dizzy, as she was losing blood from her deep wound, having no time to use a pill to stop the bleeding, she was having real troubles defending herself.

"Don't worry Mianmian... I will keep them away from you!" Wen Ning yelled, turning to look at her, but just at that same time, she fell to her knees and a corpse was about to reach her head with its claws. Panic make him act on the most basic instincts and something inside of him seems to snap.

A great wave of white energy was released from his core as it finally broke for good, throwing away both foes and allies alike all around him. Wen Ning yelled in deep pain as his energy got out of control, making him also lose his rationality, only focusing on the thing that almost killed the girl he liked.

"Wen Ning!" Wen Qing yelled as she saw him killing the corpse, making a hole in the middle of its chest, then turn to get Mianmian on the ground behind him, yelling as he releasing the exceeded energy from his core. Dark lines, similar to the ones Wei Ying got from Xue Yang's curse were beginning to be seen going up his neck and they all saw with horror as Wen Ning took Mianmian by her collar, pulling her up and off the ground.