A Song For The Tormented Soul

Lan Wangji

The cave was spacious, although it was cover with cobwebs, a few bones remains and dust all over, but at least it will keep the cold out once they make a fire. There was no signs of corpses remaining inside the cave, so it was safe to stay there for the night. The place was quiet without the sound of the copses lurking around, so it was even a good place to cultivate for a few hours.

"Yes, this place will do for us, Lan Zhan..." Wei said to him, turning to look at Wangji, who was simply staring at him with red ears. Wei Ying smiled mischievously.

"Lan Zhan... you are not thinking about those fantasies of yours are you? A dangerous place surrounded by dark energy..." Wei Ying came closer to his husband and almost laughed at the intensify blush of those lovely ears.

"Nonsense." Lan Zhan refuted. He was simply staring at his husband, as he honestly couldn't help himself but admire him at each given opportunity.

"Ah, you are so cute!" Wei said as he unexpectedly jumped on him, to be firmly caught in those strong arms.

"Wei Ying..." Wangji whisper as his mischievous lover lower his head to kiss his waiting lips and he had told Lan Zhan before, it indeed felt heavenly to taste him as well as to feel those strong arms around his waist as he held him in place.

"Lan Zhan... you should know now... not matter what may happened next, we are fated to stay together and help this world to heal." Wangji assented, slightly kissing Wei Ying's nose, as he put his down.

"Should I bring Yinse here, to give you more insight on your heavenly energy?" Wei asked as they walked back to the entrance of the cave. The sky above was darkening, making the still active array glow brighter in the open space.

"No, we must do this together." Wangji told him, feeling the need for both of them reaching out to the source of their energy.

"Alright, I will try to reach Yin... but last time she panic and hurt both me and Xuanyu." Wei said.

"You have my protection now." Lan Zhan said and Wei smiled.

"True, my very caring husband went to such extent to give me a part of him... just don't go too deeply on your own, it make me worry too." Wei Ying said as he gently put a hand over his cheek, that Wangji took and kiss it.

"No need to worry." Wangji whisper with a half-smile, before pulling him back inside the cave once again.

There was a rock inside the dusty cave that was large enough for them to sit like they did back in Nuwa's temple, face to face while holding hands. Lan Zhan looked at his Wei Ying and slightly squeezed his hand to reassure him.

Then Wei Ying closed his eyes, gathering dark energy and reached out under the protection of his husband over his core. Wangji also spread his own white energy out, but with another purpose. Wei Ying was already protected, so he could focus on his own core, trying to get a better understanding of the true nature of his seed.

It was commonly believed that both dark and white energy came from the elements of their world. The dark energy from the earth and the white one from the air, for which it was everywhere. However, that had proved to be wrong, as white energy didn't came from earth, but the heaven itself.

Now that he think about it, that make the relationship between Yin and Yang so necessary to one another, as in the earth realm, Yin was the one with the strongest energy, but Yang had the ability to transform her endless energy into a heavenly one, giving life to the earth she commanded, making a perfect balance.

But then, Rouhan had alter that balance, not only because he used Taotie, but because he separate them, making Yin gone mad, as a part of her consciousness was lost and Yang unable to produce the energy that Taotie eat away, as his own seed had probably been damage. Been unable to find heavenly energy to replace the lost one, in that realm and without Yin to help him produce more, what he could do on his own was limited to what remained in his damaged seed.