Declaration Of War

Nie Clan, A Month Later

"Clan Leader, the scout had seen a big group of fierce corpses heading this way. They seem to be those controlled puppets of the traitor Meng Yao. Should we intercept them, of dispose of them when they get closer to the Unclean Realm?" A Clan member asked Nie Mingjue.

"That bastard thinks that he can deal with us as easily as he dealt with the Jin Clan?! Hell will freeze over before my Clan fall to his schemes! Put the Clan in high alert and prepare an extermination group to deal with the corpses immediately. I will personally purge this twisted creations of his once and for all!" Nei Mingjue said with deep anger.

In the last month, the traitor had try to break havoc in his Clan, probably trying to lure him out of his protection and deal with him as he did with the former Jin Clan Leader.

Ah, he knew perfectly well that was Meng Yao's goal, because many of his underlings make fun of him while in his Clan for been the son of a prostitute, but he had genuinely make him his second in command to prove his own people  was one of justice and that no one was above others.

With putting Meng Yao in such a position, he showed his Clan members and followers that injustice will not be tolerate, even coming from his own people and it was severally punish. Of that, Meng Yao knew and he even went as far as to make him an oath brother, along with Xichen, still, the traitor had turned against him, proving he was no worthy of his protection or his mercy.

He had been enraged when he find out of his treachery and swore to make him pay for taking advantage of both Xichen and himself to take revenge on his degenerate father and Clans in general. However, he was going to teach him a lesson as well and even if he knew Meng Yao was luring him out, he was no coward, nor a man that back down at the sight of danger.

He was a man that fight for justice, a man that had resisted and repelled everything that had threatened his Clan and guide it toward the best that world could offer under the harsh circumstances. If he wanted to play cat and mouse, he will play along, but Meng Yao was in for a surprise if he really believed he will go down that easily.

"Yes, Clan Leader. I will assemble the extermination team immediately and inform you when everything is ready for our departure." The Clan member said.

"Then, go." Mingjue said and as he left the room, he took Baxia in his hand and look at the wide saber that was his partner in all times.

"Baxia, are you ready for a war hunt?" Mingjue asked and the spirit of his saber went out with a mischievous smile.

"Sure thing, it' been a while since I have fun. I will teach those puppets that no one mess with our Nie Clan." The spirit said and Mingjue approved.

"No holding back tonight." Mingjue said as he moved out.

"I had never hold back anyways." The Clan leader nodded.

"Indeed. By the way, you know what to do if something goes wrong." Mingjue told him and the spirit arched an eyebrow.

"Are you getting old, Master? It's not like you had lost a fight before and even less with filthy corpses like those he leads." Baxia said.

"We will encounter more than corpses this time. I believe that wicked Xue Yang will hide somewhere and take his chance when he see an opportunity. He likes to attack from the back, like he did with Wei Wuxian." Nie remained him.

"Then he is nothing more than a coward, but even so... this time, it will not go his way, I assure you Master." Baxia said, bowing deeply to him. He was no ordinary spirit, as all sabers from the Nie Clan were forged differently. They were created to fight, to command and to keep their Clan strong.