Going Down To Town

Wei Wuxian

"Hum, Lord Zheng... what do you mean the first lesson is going to the town bellow the Gusu islands?" Wei Ying asked the very question that was going around in the other cultivator's mind. After he had pair them, apparently very satisfy with the result, he had said that they will begin their training right away and that training was going to be just to go to town on their own to... know each other and bond as they were expect to.

"Exactly what it sounds like. You see, Wei Wuxian, right here we have people from all corners of our lands. North, east, west and south, you were all sent here with a purpose in mind and that was learn how to protect your Clans and people from the effects of the yin energy, but let me ask you something. Tell me how exactly the west, for example, do their night hunting. How does Song Lan and Xioa Xingchen find and make their kills? How does their special swords actually works to help their Masters in their hunts?" Lord Zheng asked, making Wuxian look at the two young men that just like him and the Wen's siblings, knew each other since childhood.

He wasn't paying attention to what they told them what was their Sect specialization. Their case was different than the Clans, as they make a cultivator's Sect that accepted all those willing to learn, no matter the status, the place or the Clan they had been before. Usually, all Clan's did took disciples from the towns they protect, but not many of them develop a golden core, mostly because the teaching alone about how to night hunt took longer for those who start later than those who begin training since childhood.

The Baoshan Sect, however, trained those that want it, no matter their age or talent. Those more advanced protected the towns and those who were lacking by one reason or another, worked harder to gain for the time lose while busy with a hard daily life. His mother had study in the Baoshan Sect in her childhood and became a superior cultivator that even ranked second in her own gathering, thus he knew a thing or two about the west.

"The Baoshan Sect had a special training that integrate sword spirits to gift them with strong spiritual power, making them aware of the dark energy used by the corpses. Their swords spirits usually are blindfolded, to make it easier to detect such energy. This greatly helps in a night hunting, because the Sect members don't had to go find the corpses randomly, nor use dangerous talismans or spirit attraction flags, like most Clans does." Wei Ying said, earning a smile from both Song Lan and Xiao Xingchen.

"Had you been in the west before, Wei Wuxian?" Song Lan asked, a bit impressed.

"No, but my mother was a member of your Sect a very long time ago." Wei Ying explained.

"Indeed, what you said it quite truthful. If you don't mind, can you summon Shuanghua and Fuxue, so the others can see what Wei Wuxian mean by special training?" Lord Zheng asked. As a spirit himself, he could see all twelve sword spirits whiting their blades and know their names and abilities.

"Of course, Lord Zheng." Song Lan said first and a second later, a male figure stood by him. It was a handsome tall man, dressed in black and white, with long black hair half tied with a silver ribbon. His eyes were blindfolded by a wider black ribbon with an elegant silver design around where the eyes should be.

Then, another man stood by Xingchen, but differently from the first, this one was all dressed in white, with also a white hair, despite looking quite young. He too had delicate features and his eyes were cover with a plain white ribbon. This one bowed to Lord Zheng first, then to the rest of the group.

"My name is Shanghua, at your service." The white one said.

"My name is Fuxue, at your service." The black one also offered.

"Ah, two magnificent spirits. Tell me, Fuxue, how many corpses are in the Gusu islands?" Lord Zhen asked.

"None, my Lord." He simply said, which was no surprising, because the islands were only reachable by teleporting or flying.