The Breach

Wei Ying

"Everyone is okay, right?" Wei Ying asked in general.

"Yeah, mostly thanks to your help, but one thing is for sure... let's not have that hellish training again." Jiang Cheng admitted and they laughed, all agreeing with him wholeheartedly, too tired to do anything else, but rest their bodies in the cold ground.

Shortly after, Lord Zheng showed up again and applauded vigorously, quite proud of the groups achievement. They had integrate quite well in the past few days, getting along and helping each other like no others, with the only exception of Su She.

"Very well done kids, using your swords spirits as guides toward your goal, instead of the talismans was genius. Actually, you are the first ones who had thought of that way to get it done, in the many generations that had come to learn here, all rely on their individual energy instead in the collective one, for which I am quite impressed."

"Most cultivators see their sword as a path to follow, relaying mostly in their swordsmanship to grow in power. That way is not wrong, but in reality, sword spirits are more than tools to prove strength, they are an extension of yourselves and part of each of you. They cultivate along with you, born from your energy and protect you from all harm to the best of their abilities. You gave them form and personality and they give you undying loyalty in return."

"I'm glad to see that this generation is capable to see beyond the normal approach and go further than others. It proves that you are capable to adapt to your circumstances and create a path on your own, open more ways for you to walk into, which is the reason you are chosen not only for this special training, but also for the dangerous journey to the Burial Mounds. We old folks may be stronger than you right now, but we lack that fresh approach that can save lives when it matters most. Very well done, everyone... Now, let's do another round." Lord Zheng said quite seriously and thus...

"What?!" Jiang Cheng protested.

"No way!" Jin Zixuan shouted as he sat in a sudden move that made the already sore muscle in his body ache.

"I'm so dead..." Huaisang whisper, almost crying.

"Dear gods..." Song Lan sighed, putting a hand over his closed eyes.

"Seriously?" Mianmian asked, tired.

"Oh, come on... we just got out! have some mercy, old man." Wei Ying whined, but as the others looked at Lord Zheng in disbelief, the mischievous white spirit laughed. He only meant as a joke, but the kids were too easy to fool to hols back.

"I know, I know, it was quite the hassle, right?" He asked and pretty much all the kids agree.

"Yeah, no kidding..." Su She said.

"But remember that the Burial Mounds don't have room for resting or seconds chances. You most get use to this many numbers of corpses, while facing several circumstances. Now, you have the rest of the day free and also the weekend. You are permitted to go down to town, but first, you have been granted to stay for a night in a special place. Want to go?" Lord Zheng asked.

"I'm not interested. I'm returning to the main island." Su She said and got up to leave the training ground.

"Your loss!" Lord Zheng shouted disapprovingly.

"Let him leave, it's not fun with him around." Jiang Cheng said, while most agree.

"Okay then, off you go. Have a bit of fun for tonight, because the island will be off limit to all of you tomorrow. Everything had been set for you to gain back your strength and rest. Enjoy." Lord Zheng said and before they could ask him more, they were teleported somewhere else.