Reborn

Wei Ying

The way Lan Zhan was been threatened not only by the sword, but with so damn many dark talismans, as well as the rest of his untamed team, definitely piss him off. Oh, he knew they will use Wangji against him, but that was too much. He could tell that each curse was deadly, specially the one in Lan Zhan's chest, right over his heart.

"Meng Yao. Previously, I didn't knew you existed, so I didn't have a reason to hate you nor to go against you before. But so you know, now, aside from betraying the Clans and mostly Lan Xichen trust, holding my Lan Zhan hostage in such a wicked way will only lead to your death." Meng Yao laughed.

"My death? How can you even get close to me, Wei Wuxian? I know both you and Lan Wangji had become sages, which is impressive considering your ages, but not even a level ten immortal can get pass all this dormant curses that will activate in less than a second on Xue Yang's command. Will you dare endanger your lover knowing that?" Meng Yao asked and Wei Ying frowned.

"What do you want?" He knew the answer, but if he didn't asked, the both of them will be suspicious of him.

"Ah, that's very simple. You may already know about my scarifying curse array. You did see it and even study it while you were in the Lan islands. You see, the curse is quite simple, one soul exchanged for another to give a new chance of life to a soul that is no longer among the living."

"We had been lucky enough to find Lord Rouhan's soul on Taotie's dimension, but not a suitable host, that is up to his expectations." Meng Yao continue and Wei Ying laughed.

"Is it for that, you want me so badly? Why not offer yourself? I'm sure he will be pleased and you honored to be his host. Followers will always become the toys of the leaders, especially the ones who care not about life." Xue Yang press his blade on Wangji's throat, making him bleed a little and Wei Ying move a step closer, followed by Yin who was getting the hang of the situation and sensed the rage of the kid that will bring him back her Yang.

"Back off Wuxian or he dies!" Xue Yan warned his with a wicked smile.

"I assure you, if he dies, so will you and in a very painful and horrible way." Wei Ying threatened back, as dark energy arise behind him with Yin's control.

"I can kill that one faster than a second..." Yin whisper in her hoarse voice.

"Ah, Lady Yin... have you regain your sanity? What did bring you back?" Meng Yao asked curiously.

"He will bring me back to Yang..." Meng Yao laughed.

"Yang? You mean the one who abandon you for centuries? Why will you want him back? He is not worthy of you..." The air seems to freeze in that instant, as thunders rumble above them, as if a huge storm was building up in heaven.

"Be silence! What do you, heinous mortal, know about the bonds of the gods? There is no betrayal among the bonds between two seeds, blessed by the gods." Yin said furiously.

"What gods? The ones who keep you in madness for all this time? You are such a sad sight, they too had abandon you as they did the ones they sealed away to protect their so called humanity, when they are nothing but abusive beast!" Meng Yao said dejectedly and a sudden gust of cold wind assaulted them.

Lan Zhan gave a few step back, as Xue Yang was forced to move by the strong wind, cutting a bit deeper on his skin, although not deep enough to really hurt him, while the others that were trapped in fu xian nets, hanging from the black trees, because of a dark array Xue Yang invented, were now swinging from side to side by the strong wind.

"Lan Zhan!" Seen his lover more hurt, Wei Ying actually panic, turning to look at the enraged Yin and holding her by her shoulders.

"Yin! Calm down, please calm down. You know the story will repeat itself if I lose him." Wei Ying pleaded, looking at her deep red eyes, full of darkness and pain. However, his desperation make her focus back on him and seen her own panic reflecting in the young man eyes, she calmed down and the wind lessen.