Uncovering Secrets And Distractions

The Remaining Chosen's

The messages to the Clan Leaders in all corners were sent intermediately after their return, warning them about the ruins, the barriers and about the use of curses to create puppets and what they thought was the group behind it. Xichen requested for a meeting in the east, who had the most expertise and was closer to the Burial Mounds, but even if they all agree, it will take some time to be planned, the same way the gathering of the juniors into the islands had.

And talking about them, most of the chosen kids had gather in the dining hall after their hard work hunting fierce corpses with the exception of Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian, who were somewhere else together. Obviously, Wangji was in a hurry to take Wei Wuxian away, as it had become obvious to the group that there was more to Wei Wuxian that what they first thought. All of them had not failed to see Wei Wuxian's red eyes before taking down a barrier and that alone raised several questions that Wangji avoided by taking Wei Ying away as soon as they came back to the is lands.

Wen Qing , then was forced to explain about Wuxian's special circumstances, about the night when he was almost killed by wild dogs when he was a child and the way he was possesses by dark energy and almost got killed by it, saved only by an elder that sealed the energy inside of him shortly after. She didn't dare to tell the group that Wuxian had actually manipulated the dark energy, nor that it had become a dark spirit sealed inside of him that he had name it Xuanyu.

"No wonder he fear dogs so much, poor A'Xian..." Yanli whisper, sad to hear he had faced such terrors as a kid.

"Yeah... we should never tease him with that again." Mianmian added.

"But how could he use the sealed energy? It should be suppressed by the seal, right?" Jiang Cheng asked Wen Qing.

"He should not be able to use it under normal circumstances, but the seal inside of him is a bit complicated. The elder that save him apparently thought he was going to get in troubles again, so when in danger, he can do things like breaking cursed barriers. It's also the reason Wei Wuxian survived the recent attack on him, otherwise he would had been killed and even so it was a close call." There was a deep silence for a few seconds.

"Damn bastards... we should take care of them before they can create their own army of those puppets or use those wicked talismans on us too. We certainly don't have a chance of survival as Wei Wuxian did." Jiang Cheng said.

"Lord Xichen had already warned the Clan Leaders and they will take care of the threat soon enough." Nie Huaisang remember them.

"Well, I hope so. There aren't ruins close to the Lotus Pier, but they could set the barriers elsewhere." Jiang Cheng said.

"Then the cleanup can take a while..." Song Lan said.

"They had caught us off ward, sneaky bastards. I wonder, is it really Su She the traitor? He is not smart enough to be pulling the strings here." Jiang Cheng said.

"That was never clear out, right?" Wen Ning asked.

"Not really, they said he was expelled because he could not follow instructions, nor cooperate with our group and that on itself it's quite right." Xiao Xingchen said.

"Then... that means that the mole is still lurking around?" Yanli asked a bit worry.

"Probably." Zixuan guessed.

"Then we must be more careful. We all know that Wei Wuxian had already been attacked once and if they are after him, they may try again, perhaps from this side." Xiao Xingchen added.

"I don't think we need to worry about Wei Wuxian for now. He had Lan Wangji looking after him both day and night." Jiang Cheng said and Yanli blushed a bit.